Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
As of late we have been getting spamed with lot of crap like Get a Free Ipod, get free Star Wars DVD's etc...

Because of this we have had to install a filter which gets rid of this spam, but unfortunately it also sometimes also gets rid of some valid messages as well that have the word FREE in it.

If you post a message that had the word FREE in it and you don't see it, DON'T WORRY it's not lost! Please PM me or any member of the staff and we can approve your message so it is seen by all. :)

Thanks for your understanding as we work to keep the spam off of SatelliteGuys. :D

Free Free Free Free Free Starwars DVD IPOD

Doesn't seem to be working :D

For what it is worth I have turned off the FREE filter when someone replies to an existing thread. However new threads with the word FREE might be hidden from view. :)

Scott Greczkowski said:
For what it is worth I have turned off the FREE filter when someone replies to an existing thread. However new threads with the word FREE might be hidden from view. :)
Unfortunately, someone took you up on this...
http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=38920 (post #13)

The post (SPAM on behalf of vmcsatellite) has absolutely nothing to do with the thread.

The funny thing is I actually DID get a free Ipod through the free Ipod site. I did it with another forum I belong to. So FYI it's not really a scam, but it does take some work to get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)