Carrollton anyone ??

georgie

Original poster
May 29, 2004
Dallas
Just fishin' for anyone in the 75007 area code that might be already enjoying FioSTV. I see some pretty impressive OTA antenna's in the hood, gotta be for HD !!

My neighbor has FIOS TV and likes it, we are in the 75007 zip code. Once a few more issues are fixed with the DVRs I plan on getting it. I currently have the FIOS internet and love it.

Boy, I wouldn't worry too much about the DVR issues- they're really not bad and don't happen that often. It's just SOOO sweet recording HD (and not having to dish out any moola for a hardware purchase). That and the channel quality is so much better than anything else out there- which is why I like it so much.

I have to agree with Mindgrind. The bugs with the DVR is very small when compared to the bugs that I had to deal with Dish's 811 receiver. Come on over and enjoy the great HD and excellent PQ of the SD channels. I don't think you will be disappointed. :)

I'm wicha on the 811...what a grind.
Any-hoo..maybe soon, don't want to pay too big of an early termination fee !!

My coworker lives in Carrollton and he has FiosTV and LOVES IT!!

Too bad our new house will be in an AT&T territory :(

Rowans Neighbor

I am the guy Rowan refers to. The picture is the best. The PVR needs work. I come from DirecTV, and their PVR is much better. The frustrating part of the Motorola is that you cannot address either of the two inputs. If you are recording two shows (Sopranos and Desp Houswives, for example), and try to change the channel, it will ask you to cancel one of the shows, for example, The Sopranos. If I want to cancel Desp Housewives, I've got to go to the show list and cancel it manually, and then go back to watch what I want. Also, manuvering around the user interface is glitchy. You use the right arrow to go to a sub menu, but the left arrow won't have you back up a level, you've got to go down to the "Last" button. Sometimes the fast forward and rewind buttons get cached, seem unresponsive, and then it catches up later. I can't wait for them to fix the PVR part, because what's most important, the Picture, is simply awesome.

I currently live in the 75006 zip but will soon be moving to the 75010 zip. Used to have Dish HD and now have Comcast HD. The Comcast Motorola DVRs work pretty well but I have had signal problems almost from day one. I plan to look into FiOS as soon as we get into the new house. I will be following this thread.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)