Cartoon Network Pissing Me Off

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Techfizzle

Banned
Original poster
Apr 18, 2008
Anytime ATHF is on at 11:30 they show it 2 minutes early, so when I dvr it, it cuts the first 2 minutes off. Squidbillies is supposed to on at 11:45, but they air it when ATHF is over which is as early as 11:40, so I miss 5 minutes of that.
Its not 100% directv's fault, but lately it seems like cartoon network is acting like they will air shows when they feel like it, instead of being on time.

welcome to TV...they do that...shows go until :01

I record Night Court on my Starchoice system daily. It starts at 11:00 yet every day it starts at 10:58

Anytime ATHF is on at 11:30 they show it 2 minutes early, so when I dvr it, it cuts the first 2 minutes off. Squidbillies is supposed to on at 11:45, but they air it when ATHF is over which is as early as 11:40, so I miss 5 minutes of that.
Its not 100% directv's fault, but lately it seems like cartoon network is acting like they will air shows when they feel like it, instead of being on time.

WOW, you must really like "Squidbillies"...maybe I should check it out! :)

WOW, you must really like "Squidbillies"...maybe I should check it out! :)

I remember going apebats when my recorded Bears game cut off before the game ended after spending the whole day avoiding any radio/news/phone calls relating to the outcome. I couldn't imagine the feeling of missing two minutes of Squidbillies......WTF is it? :tux:

This is in NO WAY D*'s fault at ALL, not even a little ....
That said, D* has built into the DVR's now a padded feature of sorts, it will record 2 minutes over and I think a minute early providing that it doesn't conflict with any other programming.

Also there is this thing called Pad, where you can pad the recording your self for 1, 2, 3, 5, 15, 30, 1hr and so forth .....

Also there is another option, you can always do a manual recording, just set it for the time that you think it will start, right down to the minute...

Oh, thats right, you also don't know when it's suppose to start .....

I would take this up with the network, not the provider.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)