Cband and Diseqc switch

Status
Please reply by conversation.

slimmswitch

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 22, 2004
I was wondering if any has had a problem running the Bud through a diseqc. I had been running it for a while but the other day it died. I'm running a Pansat 2700A and Coolsat Diseqc (bought a new one) I've setup my bud for LNB 4 but when i check level i get 31% and no quality. But if i hook up the BUD directly to the receiver it works fine 80's%. Has anyone else encountered this. If so help a guy out. Do i need a different Diseqc switch if i want to run the small 18" dishes with the BUD?

Thanks

Slimmswitch

Slimmswitch,
I'm using a 4x1 Diseqc switch slaved from my BUD (10 ft.) to my Quali-tv receiver with no problems. Line 1 for C-band, Line 2 for ku-band, Line 3 for slaving from my Pansat 3500s with Fortec 80cm universal dish, and Line 4 from my Direcway dish (no longer in use for internet) parked at G11. It works fine for me. At first I was having problems on one side of one splitter (the C and ku bands are being split before my 4dtv), until I got a couple of "2 gigabyte" splitters from Best Buy. Now it works great.

Al

It sounds like you have a bad port on your switch. What gives it away is the signal level. When the pansat does not get a signal from the lnb the signal level meter drops to the 30s. Normally it is up in the 70's when the pansat sees a signal from the LNB, no matter if you are pointing at a satellite or not.

Status
Please reply by conversation.