Cband has become more frustrating....

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
The commercial C-band users are also having a difficult time with 5G interference and since its a multi tiered rollout over time you had to buy a specific filter or filtered LNB at the start of this mess then when the next tier is on air throw away your new filter or LNB and buy another and so on until the final 5G stuff is on air. Then maybe the last and final version of filters or LNBs will cover all the interference. Maybe, maybe not depending on how far away you have 5G towers.

It could be that some of you have filters or LNBs that were adequate for an earlier 5G rollout and now they are letting newer 5G freqs through and you need a newer version. If you were lucky enough to have registered your C-band receive only dish with the FCC then they will pay $$ towards your filter or LNB upgrades. For most of us its $$ down the toilet.
I did a signal graph and saw signs of 5G (narrow signal spikes) all the way up to 3.8 GHz.

From reading various websites, it sounds like the move up to 4.0 GHz will be in about 1 year.

But if you live outside of the "top 46 markets" you probably won't need a filter.

Well, the 8' proved not to be reliable. I had one more card to play. My 9 footer. I just played some musical chairs again, and am now pointing my 9' solid at 127w, and so far, i can get EVERYTHING, including Alaskan mux and the 4140 mux.

Cross your fingers.. The days will tell, but i can already tell my dB levels are about 1-2 dB higher for every mux.

I may turn my 8' into a KU dish...

Reactions: N6BY
iBoston,

My 8 foot solid makes a great C and kU dish. The best of both worlds.

John
I'm glad to hear that you are able to do dual band on your antenna. I've never been able to do so on a 12 footer. So, my 12' BUD is for C band and my 1 meter is for Ku.

This summer I had an opportunity to get a 12 foot fiberglass dish about 15 miles away. And get paid to take it down. Would have borrowed a snowmobile trailer and hauled it home on the back roads.

But I was too late. Someone beat me to it, and basically just ripped the fiberglass dish from the steel mount, and left the mount and everything in place. It was sad to see when I got there.

I love my c/ku setup on the one feedhorn, and will keep running it as long as I don’t have to go to a LNBF. I doubt I’ll get 5G out here. I still don’t even have a reliable 4G signal.

• Sad
Reactions: FTA4PA
Well, by the end of the week, i can tell i have stability. The 9' is doing the trick. I'm happy even though i had to move 3 of my 4 Cband dishes to get it all accomplished!! The big deal is i need to get it all sorted out before the snow starts flying, otherwise any issues have to wait until Spring, typically May. We had our first frost this morning, so summer is OVER.

Could someone post the freq and SR of the Alaskan mux? I'm getting most everything else without any problems on my 8 ft. Birdview. But not getting this one.