cband receivers and motors

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

rrob311

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 25, 2010
New England
I am looking into getting a C band setup. Do these offer a lot of FTA channels? what is a good all around receiver setup for these? I want HD and was wondering if the receiver automatically sets the motor to the coordinates. I am in NH and would like as many free channels as possible.

more fta on cband id think. cheap reciever is the opensat s9, expensive option is the azbox. you need a controller to move your cband dish. you can use an old cband reciever or a positioner such as the gbox or vbox. they use diseqc 1.2 so you need to find and store the positions and then the positioner does the rest on channel changes.

crackt out,.

what is diseqc1.2? What is a good c band satellite that is lightweight? would an old satellite from the 80s work or is an old dish not worth the hassle?

There's ton of stuff to learn about Cband satellite but let me give you a word of caution before you go any further. Cband FTA TV is NOT a simple point and click deal most of the time. Good channels come and go and also good backhaul feeds come and go so if you're looking for a direct replacement for 4DTV or something like Direct TV then the Cband FTA deal may not be what you need. SRL and Skyvision are in the process of getting 4DTV type subscription service going on W5 that may be more suited for you if you're content being a point and click kind of guy.

If you'd like to talk real time on the phone, then PM me and I'll give you my phone number and a time to call and you can ask away. I'd also suggest that you start reading in both the 4DTV and Cband forums as well.

This stuff can be challenging at times and it can be fun also but it's not for everyone as most here do it as a hobby.

what is diseqc1.2? What is a good c band satellite that is lightweight? would an old satellite from the 80s work or is an old dish not worth the hassle?

i have 16 old dishes ive taken down for people. i use 2 of them in my dish farm. as long as they arent bent they are perfect and usually very cheap.

and lone gunman summed it up nicely.

crackt out,.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)