cband (?) recievers worth anything to anybody here?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Jared Twomey

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Mar 7, 2005
Tacoma, WA
Ok, here is the story. I bought these from a customer that I installed a Dish Network system for a few years ago. He said they worked, but I have no first hand knowledge about c-band stuff at all, so I have no way to ensure that they do.
I have 4 recievers, which I will provide pictures, and you guys i'm sure will know what they are. 2 of them seemed to power up when I plugged them in, 2 of them (which seem to be missing something out of the back) did not.

I guess what i'm wondering is, are these things are worth anything to anybody?

*edit* I tried to post pictures, but it didnt seem to work... here is a link to a flickr set i made that has some pictures of the receivers...

cband recs - a photoset on Flickr

Looks like 3 older analog boxes and one stand-alone videocipher descrambler. The receivers might be worth 5-10bucks if they have the antenna-positioner builtin but I'm not sure any of those do. They're pretty cheap these days since so much of the programming has gone digital. Some of us still use them, esp to move the dishes. The receivers with empty slots are missing the videocipher modules, those are pretty cheap now also.
Sold for a couple of hundred back in the day I believe.

well if anyone here needs any of these, you pay the shipping and you can have them... if not, i'll throw em out sometime next week

Hi There Jared Twomey,

If any of them are a General Instrument 650i or a General Instrument 5?? series, I would take it off your hands, and I live within driving distance. :)

If you want me to take the rest, I could just to get them out of your house.

Don't know what the STS box is, but the HTS was a decent receiver, but they are quite old now.

Let me know.

Fred

I need good power supply for HTS 10, or scematics to see how to repair. If nothing else, will use as positioner.
Tom

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)