cband setup?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
doubling up, thats a good tip that i'll try, thanks AntAltMike.

Hi Chefwan, yeah hopefully that helps. The shaft does need to be greased thru that grease cert at least anually too, because moisture built up can rust out the internal metal parts. All dish movers have a rubber wiper on the end where the shaft goes in and out, but this doesn't actually get *all* of the moisture. You can further help this by adding a bellows boot over the extending part. The bellows boot resembles a cv joint on a front wheel drive car, the part thats like an accordian.

by the way when having one end of the arm not tied up its easy for the arm to turn around (as in rotate), but you want to try to have it the way it was (or at least close), because if you make it longer or shorter it will change the internal limit settings (those two little red buttons (switches) under the motor cover that that spiral gear and little metal rod contacts), but not to worry if you already have because that can be adjusted, but i was just trying to help prevent future adjusting.

and sorry if i never answered your question on that FTA reciever, i was pretty much saying i thought it was a good price for a FTA reciever, but i don't have experience in these FTA recievers yet, i mean thats about how much im willing to spend on FTA. the MPEG2/FTA section of this forum would be of more help than i ever could be. according to my posts/threads im technically still in the fine tuning phase. And i don't really want to say "buy it!" about something and if you hated it i'd feel bad. i have only heard about the programming there but do look forward to trying. im glad you saved your dish, i think you will have as much fun as i am with it.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts