CBS Chief Leslie Moonves Addresses Upcoming Negotiations With Dish Network

How I big banged your mother with 2 and a half men,and 2 broke girls?:D Might have to edit that one.:D
There aren't enough likes on the internet for that one! LOL

Though, I must say, BBT is no cookie cutter comedy.

Chuck Lorre does: Two and a Half Men, The Big Bang Theory, Mike & Molly, and Mom.

LOL I had no clue as I don't watch any of those shows.2 out of 4 ain't bad for a stab in the dark.:D

I might have to lay claim to that working title,Les sees it he'll be wanting to add it to Showtime!

Or move 60 Minutes to Fridays and don't start primetime until 8p on Sundays.

Or move The Amazing Race to Saturday night which is usually reserved for reruns of shows from earlier in the week. We've just come up with more suggestions in a day than these geniuses have come up with for a few years now.

This will only affect the CBS O&O's, not Viacom, which is NOT under the CBS umbrella/ corporate flow chart. Les is sounding more sane because of the basting CBS took when they suffered from not being on TWC during that recent dispute. Most of the losses were from the local programming, especially local news was, in some cities, absolutely decimated in the ratings. This is the life blood for the locals, even the O&O's, not so much the prime-time shows, which mostly benefit CBS corp, although having their flagship stations off of TWC did have an unmistakable effect, the drop of revenue at the O&O's was crushing.

The TWC dispute hurt CBS far more than it hurt TWC, and I don't think Les wants to have to expose his O&O's to that again, only to agree to deal pretty much as TWC had been willing make in the first place, not CBS's. However, Les is still saying publicly, as per the article via the link provided, that he will not allow the Auto-Hop feature. That is a doomsday remark and from a point that is anything but "open." However, time, it seems has softened Les' rhetoric and there is still some time before negotiations with Dish for Les to find some other way (living with Auto-Hop and not demanding an outrageous sum in exchange for Auto-Hop to stay) to a deal where CBS O&O's aren't off of Dish for any period.

I think if Dish lost Disney AND CBS then I think Dish would lose a bunch of customers. People's faith in Dish as a company would fade. The customers would be afraid that they would lose even more channels and would leave. The only chance they would have is if they would drop their price or offer something the competition wouldn't to separate the competition from them to attract certain customers.

Or move 60 Minutes to Fridays and don't start primetime until 8p on Sundays.

Shy? The delays are not popular here but they seem to HELP CBS' ratings on Sunday not HURT them. Why would they want to "solve" this non problem?

Actually I don't believe that to be true. I think The Good Wife did better on Tuesdays and The Mentalist did better on Thursdays. That is not directly related to the "delays" on Sunday as much as the competition (SNF) but I'm sure it doesn't help. Two weeks ago they wound up running an unscheduled rerun of The Mentalist because it started so late. This during a critical storyline that has been central to the show from the beginning.

I believe CBS is still a few years away. But its good to see the different tone from Mel twards DISH... he was saying he was going to remove all CBS from DISH before the contract was done before. I do think they can work together IF THEY WANT TO.

The "whisper number" that ABC and Dish must be moving towards in settling their contract must be quite lucrative for the ABC network stations. It sounds like CBS heard it and rather have the cash than sue Dish and maybe not win while waiting for their contract to come back up for negotiations.

And how many news options were there in 1982? I think you're comparing apples to oranges. Also, most folks are interested in their LOCAL news. Do you have any stats on how many people watch local news?

Please see http://www.people-press.org/1996/05/13/tv-news-viewership-declines/. People are using the internet to get their news immediately. My locals news stations send me e-mails with news updates and weather alerts. By the time their scheduled news occurs, it is old news. All the locals and national networks are losing major revenues due to loss in advertising revenue.

If Dish would drop CBS and ESPN, I will do a happy dance.

Never happen - I for one must have ESPN and so do many many many many many others and it will never be shifted out of packages that it is currently in you can bet on that. If you don't want them then I suggest over the air antenna as it only has locals and you can avoid CBS.

Dish is losing customers every quarter -- it is the greedy demands of CBS and ESPN that is driving them away. I might just go with a Roku and Netflix if it keeps going up like this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)