CBS Distant Approved

kcribb1

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 3, 2004
After 11 months of being denied, I was finally approved today for CBS distant broadcast channels from NY and LA. The CBS-HD channel is supposed to be up and running automatically per the web page, but I had to call E*. After being on the phone for 20 minutes I had CBS-HD from New York. I wonder if I will get the MPEG2 versions to NBC-HD and ABC-HD tomorrow. My NBC and ABC channels were approved months ago. Wishful thinking? Yeah, I think so.

lakebum431 said:
Ah, but NBC-HD and ABC-HD are coming soon.

No one knows for sure how this is going to play out. Logic would tell us that if we are getting the SD channel via waiver we could get the HD when avaliable. That may not be the case.

Brian you are right, but I can't imagine that Dish would do it any different than Direct would. I would expect once the nationals go up they will be available via waivers (with a MPEG4 receiver of course)

lakebum431 said:
Brian you are right, but I can't imagine that Dish would do it any different than Direct would. I would expect once the nationals go up they will be available via waivers (with a MPEG4 receiver of course)

I hope you are right, but with Dish who knows. It would be really easy for them to do this, I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts