CBS / Fox NFL feeds at all possible?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

darylrue

Original poster
Jun 10, 2010
omaha nebraska
Long time DTV nfl superfan subscriber. Looking to cancel if there is probability that I can get some or most cbs feed out of pittsburgh and possibly some other games outside our kansas city cheifs region.

Is this possible? Can someone point me in the right direction, do I just need to buy the equipment and start learning it?

Also, would like to be able to buy ESPN alacarte with a small dish. I do not care how much setup costs are on any of this. Cancelled dish programming and looking to cancell my measely 1-27 cable subscription. They want another $40 a month to get ESPN in HD.

Thanks in advance.

Daryl in Omaha Nebraska

Long time DTV nfl superfan subscriber. Looking to cancel if there is probability that I can get some or most cbs feed out of pittsburgh and possibly some other games outside our kansas city cheifs region.

Is this possible? Can someone point me in the right direction, do I just need to buy the equipment and start learning it?

See PM (private messages, upper right of screen).

ESPN wants BIG MONEY , don't they?
I've managed, somehow, to live without them for several years now, lol. And they just get fatter and fatter.

I basically just told him about where I was able to see some of the feeds he was looking for last year, which you can find by some searching over at the Rick's forum, and gave some opinions on which of those would no longer be available this year. Unfortunately for him, most of the feeds he's looking for would be found on C-band, and he apparently lives in a community that doesn't allow big dishes, and was hoping to get by with a 1.2M. I told him that I didn't know whether a 1.2 meter dish would have a chance with the 29270 SR ESPN feeds, or if it would be too small, hopefully some of you guys with the mini-C-band setups might comment on that. But I was pretty certain that a 1.2 wouldn't have a chance with the DVB-S2 8PSK feeds.
Of course, everything could change, and there might be nothing available this year, but I'm thinking that since I've kept my NFL Sunday Ticket subscription going even though I only needed it for 1 or 2 games last season, that they probably won't scramble or change too much, whereas the minute I cancel my Sunday Ticket, with my luck EVERYTHING would scramble. :eek: I will say though, that being a fan of an AFC team that plays in prime time a lot makes things better for FTA'ers. Wouldn't have had much success looking for NFC games.

The ESPN QPSK feeds work for me and my 1.2M mini-BUD, typically. You are definitely correct about not being able to acquire the DVB-S2-8psk signals with the little dish. A 1.2M mini-BUD setup is better than NO C-band, but a person shouldn't be surprised when the signal is not strong enough to register. That's life !
:)

If you are planning on watching a game then you are going to be disaponted as you probably won't find it. However if your tinkering on a Sunday and want to watch football then you may stumble upon a game or two. But that is not a sure thing.

For many of us if we find something like that we consider our finds a nice bonus, but none of us count on the games being up there. :)

If you are planning on watching a game then you are going to be disaponted as you probably won't find it. However if your tinkering on a Sunday and want to watch football then you may stumble upon a game or two. But that is not a sure thing.

For many of us if we find something like that we consider our finds a nice bonus, but none of us count on the games being up there. :)

Mostly we're happy when the motor moves the dish to where it's supposed to go ! If we can get some TV, well that's a bonus .

A long shot is if you have a really good deep fringe OTA antenna with a mast mounted amp are able to pick up a few different NFL OTA markets.

You must be looking for NFC games then, because other than NFL network you can pretty much count on finding most of the other games. THe FOX games are like you describe, and this year will probably be even harder to find, and the other games could dissapear at any time, but I've only needed Sunday Ticket like 3 times over the past couple years since I'm a fan of an AFC team, and I feel kind of dumb paying a couple hundred dollars for 1 or 2 games, but I don't want to risk missing one. Basically, if things stay the same as past years, anyone looking for games of an AFC team can be pretty much sure that they might only miss 2 FOX games and an NFL NETWORK game. The rest have been available.

Ok it was enough for me to hear that I "probably" could get most ESPN mnf games, big ten network feeds (for huskers), cbs feeds (for steelers or at least something other than the chiefs) with some tinkering and research the day of, etc... So I was going to take the plunge, cancell cable and DTV but I am hearing I need a 10ft dish for all of this thru C band. I can only do 1.2m MAYBE 1.8m so I think I am out. Someone with 1.2m c band setup please advise me differently so I can get my stuff on order! May just do it anyway to play this year and see about cancelling other services next.

A long shot is if you have a really good deep fringe OTA antenna with a mast mounted amp are able to pick up a few different NFL OTA markets.

Maybe not hear in Omaha nebraska but I would do it if I knew I coul avoid watching the cheifs when a good steeler game would be on in other parts of country. I have had OTA and antenna since it started.

One time years ago I was in the hospital with my daughter watching steelers. Brought my HD equipment and hd lcd tv and picked it up through a window facing antenna!

Ok it was enough for me to hear that I "probably" could get most ESPN mnf games, big ten network feeds (for huskers), cbs feeds (for steelers or at least something other than the chiefs) with some tinkering and research the day of, etc... So I was going to take the plunge, cancell cable and DTV but I am hearing I need a 10ft dish for all of this thru C band. I can only do 1.2m MAYBE 1.8m so I think I am out. Someone with 1.2m c band setup please advise me differently so I can get my stuff on order! May just do it anyway to play this year and see about cancelling other services next.

In the past, we've had BIG TEN network feeds on Ku, but not in a fixed spot. You have to find them.

You are definitely going to need a 10 footer or better for the CBS feeds if they broadcast in the same manner that they have in the past (DVB-S2). The problem is, no one knows whether or not those feeds will even be there for the upcoming season. It's all a crapshoot. Since you cannot get a dish that size, those feeds are out the question for you so the whole thing is a moot point. If you can put up that 1.8m dish, you should be able to be most, if not all, of the other stuff. Keep in mind, a lot of the college feeds are on Ku band. My advice is to always install the biggest dish you can get away with at your location.

Also, would like to be able to buy ESPN alacarte with a small dish. I do not care how much setup costs are on any of this. Cancelled dish programming and looking to cancell my measely 1-27 cable subscription. They want another $40 a month to get ESPN in HD.

Thanks in advance.

Daryl in Omaha Nebraska

Darylrue, there are some NFL games in the fall on C Band on Azteca TV in Spanish or Mexican, - I think it's on 93.0W, (see the List), as well as on 99.0W in English, but you would likely need a minimum 6 foot Dish to capture them.

Darylrue, there are some NFL games in the fall on C Band on Azteca TV in Spanish or Mexican, - I think it's on 93.0W, (see the List), as well as on 99.0W in English, but you would likely need a minimum 6 foot Dish to capture them.

The NFL games on Azteca are on Ku band, not C-Band. Any feeds on 99W would require a minimum 10 foot dish, with a receiver capable of receiving DVB-S2 signals. You're not getting those feeds on a 6 footer. That's not happening.

The NFL games on Azteca are on Ku band, not C-Band. Any feeds on 99W would require a minimum 10 foot dish, with a receiver capable of receiving DVB-S2 signals. You're not getting those feeds on a 6 footer. That's not happening.

Bruin95 yes Azteca is Ku Band on 93.0W. With regard to the NFL games on 99.0W, I have a Uniden 9900 receiver slaved to my Viewsat 2000 Receiver via a VBox III Dishmover, to pick up the games & I don't think its a DVB-S2 receiver. By the way can someone please let me know what a DVB-S2 receiver is?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts