CBS-HD NY anywhere besides 61.5 ?

trumpit

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 21, 2003
Northern California
I'm grandfathered in for distants (gave up SF locals), and receive CBS-HD LA on 148 dish. I receive NY and LA SD on Dish 500 110/119. 61.5 is too low on the horizon here. Did E* put CBS-HD NY on 129 along with VOOM channels? Do you think CBS-HD NY (and eventually other Big 4 network HD out of NY) will be on CONUS besides 61.5 for western US folks with distants, and for waivered RV'ers?
Thanks,
Tom (aka trumpit)
921 isn't THAT bad :)

with the new law in effect, you may not be able to get CBS-HD NY

I know DirecTV cusotmers in Mtn/Pac time zone lost their east coast HD

Iceberg said:
with the new law in effect, you may not be able to get CBS-HD NY

I know DirecTV cusotmers in Mtn/Pac time zone lost their east coast HD

I still have it and I am in Calif. so they have not made the change as of yet.
I love getting early primetime too.

Iceberg,

The new law does not affect contracts between the copyright holder and the distributor. This means that CBS and any other network can sell their networks via satellite tomorrow if they wished and there is no law to stop it. Though the current contracts with their affiliates would have to expire first.

Anyway, that being said, NO ONE was ever supposed to get both east and west coast CBS HD from Dish or DirecTV. The ones that did can count themselves lucky they found an incompetant CSR or the web master did not do what he was asked.

See ya
Tony

TNGTony said:
...Anyway, that being said, NO ONE was ever supposed to get both east and west coast CBS HD from Dish or DirecTV...

See ya
Tony

How about people with RV waivers? Although I'm a Dish subscriber, when SHVERA was 1st being talked about I called D* DNS qualification dept. and was told that RV'ers could get all HD distants.

I have had CBS NY, Atlanta, Chicago, Denver, LA for 6 months and the FOX affilates also. It has been great of NFL this year, of course I had to get waiver and E* isn't enforing their only 2 limit.

I would like to ask the opposite question is CBS-HD LA available besides 148? About future?

Trumpit, RVers were *supposed* to get either WCBS DT or KCBS DT depending in their billing address. But you know how that goes... :)

Roachxp,

The 2 distant affiliate limit is NOT a Dish limit... It is the currecnt law.

And to answer your question, right now, KCBS HD is only at 148. But only time will tell what the future holds. see http://www.dishchannelchart.com for every channel available on Dish and some that aren't yet.

See ya
Tony

Both of them are on C-BAND somewhere, I remember seeing them at lyngsat.com - encrypted though and I bet no normal mortal could jump thru the required hoops to receive them.