CBS HD picture quality

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

dsm4898

Original poster
Sep 19, 2007
All my recordings to HR20-700 from CBS-HD seem to have intermittent "flashes". Happens about every 2-3 minutes. Otherwise the pq is acceptable. The flashes have only been happening on CBS and no other network yet. I don't watch much live television so I can't say for sure if it's an issue with DVR or not.

d.

I'm pretty sure that I have a local feed. Not sure how I would know for sure, however.

dsm

I've got the same on my HR20-700. I'm in the Balt/Wash area. It ain't just you. I was thinking of recording on the OTA broadcast since I have an antenna hooked up. I've been recording CBS shows on the DTV beamed locals and getting the interference.

well,i am not certain, but here is my guess, 13 is probably the local spot beam feed of your local, if it was 13-1 i would say it is your OTA antenna, and the east network feed of cbs is i think on 80. So I think the spot beams are on a different satellite than most feeds so it may just be an alignment issue for the signal feeding that channel, I will leave it to the guys who know what number, most likely a call to D* for a realignment tweak is in order.

It only seems to happy with CBS - no other locals. The PQ is normally good - but occasionally a white flash/pixelation shoots across the screen.

Didn't happen when I had TW cable...

I would have to say in general the PQ was much better with cable, however (lately) the selection on D* is enough reason to move.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)