CBS HD Sound Synch problems in Pittsburgh

brewman63

Original poster
Feb 18, 2005
I am using the Dishnetwork 811 receiver to pull in OTA digital broadcasts with my UHF Channelmaster antenna. Everything works fine except the HD broadcasts on the local CBS affiliate (KDKA) have an audio/video synch problem. The audio is a second behind the video. This is the only OTA channel this happens with and only with their HD broadcasts. Regular broadcasts on the digital channel are fine. And all other OTA channels (HD and regular) don't have the synch problem. And my HD broadcasts through Dish are okay also. I've talked to Dish and they can't really help with the problem since it's with the OTA transmission. However, they did send out another receiver just in case but it didn't correct the problem. I've tried contacting the local affiliate (KDKA) but haven't been able to talk to any technical person handling the digital broadcasts. I would think it's the local's problem but it has been going on now for at least 6 months and I would have thought they would have corrected it by now. And, I used to have DirecTV and I don't recall the sound synch problem with their receiver, but I could be wrong.

Does anyone in the Pittsburgh area receive the OTA broadcast of CBS via KDKA? What receiver are you using (Dish, Direct, etc)? Have you noticed a problem with the audio/video synching up? It is very frustrating trying to find out what the problem is.

Thanks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts