CBS-HD Waiver

Mike4HDTV

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 14, 2005
Danbury, CT
I live in the Miami area. All of my local Miami stations are available in HD. I wanted to get the National CBS-HD network and I called up Dish and asked if I qualify. The CSR explained to me that since I am near the West Palm Market TV market, I will need a waiver from the WPB CBS station to get the national CBS-HD station. I said that is fine and contacted the WPB CBS station which gladly approved my request for a waiver.

I received the waiver on Tuesday of this week and faxed it to Dish on Wednesday(yesterday). I called Dish and the CSR said that they received my waiver but it might take 2-3 months for them to add the channel to my lineup. I thought it would happen the same day that they receive the waiver.

I need the National CBS-HD by Monday (5/2).

How long did it take for Dish to add the East or West coast feed of CBS-HD to your channel lineup?

I received the waiver over the phone from a Dish rep. It took about 10 minutes and I had the channel immediately. The waiver came from Cleveland, who I belive did not have a CBS-HD feed at the time.

I got a call from Dish today asking me if I have two dishes attached to my house.

Do you need a 2nd dish to receive the CBS HD feed from NewYork?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts