Cbs-hd Waiver

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ToUgHsPot

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 24, 2005
Would someone who had to write to request a waiver to receive CBS HD please PM a sample copy. It is required in order for me to receive these HD channels that I present Dishnet with a waiver letter from the O&O CBS here in Miami and I don't know exactly how to word it.

Thanks in advance for the assistance

I think we need clarification from someone who knows, and that sure isn't me. I live in the Miami market also. I was told by Dish that the waiver doesn't have to come from the Miami station, which is owner operated, but from the West Palm Beach CBS, which is privately owned. I can receive ota signals from both markets even though Dish has me in the Miami market for locals. I faxed the WPB CBS a request for a waiver 10 days ago and haven't heard a thing from them. I will call them tomorrow. :confused: :confused:

If anyone knows the real skinny, please post.

I got a waiver from WPEC in WPB a couple of weeks ago.

Contact Donn Colee at WPEC at dcolee@wpecnews12.com. Ask for a HD specific waiver. Email him your name and address and a fax number so it can be sent to you immediately.

His phone # is 561-881-0733.

WPEC is granting waivers for anybody who requests one.

IN my area, the CBS affilate had no DT channel so obviously there is no CBS HD. I do live in the GRADE A coverage of the analog station. Would I qualify for CBS HD? I sub to the locals.

And if you are in at least a Grade B area for any nearby CBS affiliate you need a waiver from those stations, even if you live in an O&O market.

specsmaker said:
Thanks Mike. I just e-mailed Colee. How long did it take him to respond?

Damn, that was quick!!!! I emailed Mr. Colee at 5:00PM yesterday and got a response at 10:18PM. IMPRESSIVE, very IMPRESSIVE !!!!!

I live in Wa state is there a map that shows what grade area you are in? Seattle in not an owned and operated city. Is there any way possible I can get this cbs-hd? On the dish web site it says you can also get it if you live in a white zone, how do I know if I live in a white zone? Thanks

Just Call Dish

If you call Dish, they will tell you what grade signal you receive based on your address. They just look it up in a database. Unfortunately, this data does take take topography into consideration. I live 18 miles east of the transmitter location, but have a tall hill in the way. (HD is broadcast on a UHF frequency which is a line-of-site type transmission.) Dish tells me I have a Grade A signal when in reality I can't pick up anything.

I tried to work with Dish to get a waiver from the Seattle CBS affiliate (KIRO), but had no luck. KIRO would only accept waiver requests from "the satellite service provider" - not an individual, and Dish refused to send a HD-specific request to KIRO. (They only send non-HD-specific requests. Go figure.)

I also tried to work with Dish to get a signal strength reading to prove I didn't have Grade A or B quality. That way I would not need a waiver. Dish refused to cooperate on this.

Bottom line is that I said "good bye" to Dish after 7 years and am now a Comcast high def customer. (My Comcast service has its own set of problems, but at least I get all of the networks in high def.)

Good luck.

I live in the Boston area which is also O&O but when I called E* they said I can't get, and they didn't give a reason :confused: But on there site they say Boston is able too. I got the dam India CSR's evertime I call.

So what do I have to do to get it free, or do I have to pay the 1.50 charge.

I have a waiver pending right now. I talked to dish CSR and she submitted a waiver for me on my part. I had to write/sign nothing. She said they are handling it for me. I checked on their site after logging in and it shows they submitted the waiver for me and is pending.

So maybe give that a shot, ask them to submit it for you! :cool:

I applied with my local CBS affiliate here in Houston and College Station over a year ago. I live 32 miles from downtown Houston and about 70 from College Station. That was what I was told I had to do, BOTH. Houston said no and College Station never replied.

DISH said they would apply for me again while I was setting up the Voom channels and said it would take up to 3 months. :(

A fax, an e-mail, then a phone call(voice mail), but I finally got my CBS waiver today. All told a week's wait. I just faxed it to dish, let's see how long it takes them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)