CBS' Jericho: A Familiar Story

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I liked both Surface and Invasion, as well as Jericho. Watching the DVR'ed episode of Jericho was the highlight of my week......... I sure hope SciFi picks it up. It would be a better fit for them anyways. CBS set Jericho up to fail at the 9pm timeslot..........Heck, 6 mil viewers is probably some of the most they have had for a 9pm CST show.

WHy is it that the best sci fi shows all seem to be on networks like Cbs , fox,Nbc,ABC & CW but SCI-FI channel shows crappy B rated movies all the time? CAn't this channel make good Sci-Fi shows like the networks do ? OR maybe just pick up the failures that the networks cancel and give them a good home on Sci-Fi? IS this rocket science here or am I just being stupid?

WHy is it that the best sci fi shows all seem to be on networks like Cbs , fox,Nbc,ABC & CW but SCI-FI channel shows crappy B rated movies all the time? CAn't this channel make good Sci-Fi shows like the networks do ? OR maybe just pick up the failures that the networks cancel and give them a good home on Sci-Fi? IS this rocket science here or am I just being stupid?

The networks will pay millions of dollars per episode of a TV series (2-3 million for an hour show is not uncommon). SciFi seems to want to spend about 50 cents (more likely around 500k/episode). A few million extra per episode can buy a better cast, better writers, better sets, better special effects....

Jericho may be saved?

TV.com: Another Jericho lifeline?

Another Jericho lifeline?

By Tim Surette
Published: April 8, 2008 at 01:53:00 PM

Don't put up the headstone yet: New York Times says CBS is in talks to find help funding cult drama.

At the risk of causing a full-on riot, Jericho may not be dead after all.

The New York Times dug into the recently announced deal between DirecTV and NBC that saved Friday Night Lights, and discovered that this new tactic of partnering with cable providers may not be a one-time thing.

According to the paper, a pair of anonymous sources says CBS has had talks with Comcast about "finding new life for Jericho."

Presumably, those talks amount to negotiating a similar deal that kept Friday Night Lights from being canceled. Lights will return for a 13-episode season and will premiere on DirecTV in October, four months before it is re-aired on NBC in February after the Super Bowl.

Jericho, which follows a postapocalyptic Kansas town trying to survive after a nuclear attack on American soil, was canceled after its first season. Fans rallied, and CBS reversed its decision to axe it. However, after disappointing ratings, the show was once again canceled last month just before the shortened second season concluded.

Is the third time a charm? Does the show deserve another chance? Can it be saved by Comcast? Comment below...

Discuss what? How Netflix is using Jericho to tease fans?

In my case, thats not the case, I just wanted to see the series because others here have said how good it was and I had time to watch it ...

Now when I get thru the 2nd season or the partial season as it looks like it is, if I want more, THEN I'll be where the rest of you are, waiting and wondering.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts