Not open for further replies.

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
By Christopher Lisotta
CBS has ordered two additional installments of its reality series "Survivor," marking the 13th and 14th editions of the show. Both installments are slated for the 2006-07 season.

from tvweek.com

riffjim4069 said:
Although I don't watch this show, I would hope CBS broadcasts it in HD.
Mark Burnett has said that Survivor will "never" (his quote) film in HD. He said the equipment is under too much stress during shooting, making HD cost prohibitive. Survivor also does most of its editing while they are still shooting (out in remote locations).

dfergie said:
Rumours are that Jeff Probst won't host... I hope they are wrong...
Jeff e-mailed in to the Stern show soon after this rumor came out and said there was no truth to it. His contract is up after Survivor 12 (which he is off filming right now in parts unknown) but he said he has no plans of refusing to come back or anything like that.

puck71 said:
12 (which he is off filming right now in parts unknown) .

panama is where they are at. the same place as all stars and one of the others. filming started on either oct31 or nov1.

puck71 said:
Jeff e-mailed in to the Stern show soon after this rumor came out and said there was no truth to it. His contract is up after Survivor 12 (which he is off filming right now in parts unknown) but he said he has no plans of refusing to come back or anything like that.
If indeed he said it as you have posted, he also didn't say he WOULD be back. At best, it was a wishy washy "maybe...we'll have to see" type answer. It really can't be called just a rumor when Producer Mark Burnett has said that he doesn't expect Probst to come back, and that a woman may host.

We'll have to wait and see I guess. Jeff has gone on the record as saying that he is in love and wants to settle down with former Survivor Julie.

cdru said:
If indeed he said it as you have posted, he also didn't say he WOULD be back.
True. If I remember it right, he basically said his contract runs out after Survivor 12 and he hasn't been offered a new contract yet. Presumably that was because the show hadn't officially been picked up for more seasons...now that it has I would expect him to sign a new deal.

As for Survivor 12 being in Panama, that may be true, but I don't know if it's been officially announced? He called in to Loveline on 11/3/05 live from the location and wouldn't say where he was but he did say it was in the Northern Hemisphere and it was a "few hours" later where he was than it was in L.A.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)