Cctv adding ip camera

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

danristheman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 25, 2011
85w
I want to add an ip camera do my surveillance dvr. I just got a d link 5030l camera. I would like to add to anran 4 channel bnc dvr. When I go through the menu it says I can add 2 720p analog cameras. Then it says I can add on 2 ip cameras. How would go about doing that? Would that camera be a wifi cam or ip?

The Dlink is wireless. Your DVR supports wired IP cameras and not wireless I'll bet. My DVRs are like that.

It does have a poe on the camera. I have it plugged into my router i thought my dvr could handle it.

Then it says I can add on 2 ip cameras. How would go about doing that? Would that camera be a wifi cam or ip?
Wi-fi is just another way of carrying TCP/IP so I don't suppose it matters as long as your DVR is connected to your home Wi-fi router.

I would imagine that you would just need tell the DVR what the IP address of the camera is. The DVR may have some specific limitations on what kind of file it will digest (AVI, JPEG, MJPEG -- the DLink supports MJPEG) and what "resolution" and for that, you'll have to yard out the manual and read it.

The camera does 720p i got it to work through the app from d link but i have contacted Anran. I will talking to them today.

Reactions: FTA4PA
That manual mentions nothing about IP cameras. I have had a few DVRs. Only the latest HD 5 in 1 DVR I have supports two IP cameras. The DVR has a Wizard to guide you through the installation. But you connect the camera to your LAN and config the DVR to see it. I looked at the process once but I don't have any IP cams yet.

I talked to people i bought it off and said most likely that it wont work. But d link has an app for the camera. So i can also record from app so thats pretty cool.

Now that's interesting!
other people's

I have many IP cameras running 24/7 but I just use a 1TB drive off my PC to record everythinng. Software is Blue Iris. I also have the last 10 days backing up to a NAS in another location within then LAN. Most of mine are wired though, wireless is too easy to jam.

That DVR looks like BNC connection only, not IP, but it has an ethernet connection so you can run it on your LAN, but likely can only use the type of cameras it comes with. BNC cameras use co-ax between the camera and DVR instead of ethernet.

Last edited:
Most DVRs offered in the last few years (especially those with alarms) have had the ability to be accessed from the Internet so it's mostly a given that Ethernet is in there.

Handling of IP cams on analog DVRs is something that isn't usually part of the bargain. Some N(etwork)VRs don't even support third party cameras all that well.

The standalone cameras like the DLink typically use FTP to upload and that's overkill in a typical home setting.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)