Cell Tower Interference with Directv Dish/Receiver

Status
Please reply by conversation.

wetdogtim

Original poster
Sep 26, 2008
A cell tower is being erected about 800-1000 ft. from my rural residence. I was told the tower would be about 200 ft. tall. I do not yet know who the carrier will be.

Upon tower completion, my Directv dish (I three receiver unit, I believe) will literally be pointed right at the tower.

I've been doing some research and found that US towers will transmit from 824-894Mhz (? I think).

Question: Will I see interference with my satellite TV? Or will the two systems function side by side.

Thank you for your time. Keep in mind I am technically ignorant, so simple replies would be appreciated - as well as the education.

Tim

A cell tower is being erected about 800-1000 ft. from my rural residence. I was told the tower would be about 200 ft. tall. I do not yet know who the carrier will be.

Upon tower completion, my Directv dish (I three receiver unit, I believe) will literally be pointed right at the tower.

I've been doing some research and found that US towers will transmit from 824-894Mhz (? I think).

Question: Will I see interference with my satellite TV? Or will the two systems function side by side.

Thank you for your time. Keep in mind I am technically ignorant, so simple replies would be appreciated - as well as the education.

Tim
Another band that is commonly used is 1850-1990MHz. D* uses 11.7 to 12.2GHz and 18.3-18.8GHz. Worlds apart. You shouldn't see any interference.

Tim

While they build the tower, get the workers to bolt you an antenna on top so you can receive your OTA channels. Wish I had one coming up next to me. I could get locals in HD and great cell service.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)