Center Ice 2010-2011

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jukierules

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 25, 2007
With the new hockey season fast approaching, I'm starting to get the itch. I was wondering if any of you guys knew whether or not CI was going to carry more Rogers games in HD this year other than just the Leafs games. Watching the Flames last year was VERY painful at times, and seeing as how the seemed to have all the Jays games in HD this year on EI, I was hoping that my HD sports dreams would all come true this year. Watching hockey on a signal that was the equivalent of shaving with a foggy mirror was really getting old by then end of last year, and my seething jealousy of Toronto fans didn't help either.

With the new hockey season fast approaching, I'm starting to get the itch. I was wondering if any of you guys knew whether or not CI was going to carry more Rogers games in HD this year other than just the Leafs games. Watching the Flames last year was VERY painful at times, and seeing as how the seemed to have all the Jays games in HD this year on EI, I was hoping that my HD sports dreams would all come true this year. Watching hockey on a signal that was the equivalent of shaving with a foggy mirror was really getting old by then end of last year, and my seething jealousy of Toronto fans didn't help either.

Ah yes, the ever burning question us hockey addicts on D* in the states are always dying to know. I doubt we see the other networks in HD because of the little to no demand for it at this stage. I'm fairly certain the only reason why we get Leafs in HD through Sportsnet Ontario is because D* got it via BlueJays for EI some time ago.

There's also the new Rogers network, Sportsnet One which is now going to carry EDM, CGY, VAN games that were usually slated for PPV throughout the year. Unknown if we'll be getting that feed either.

It's a shame you can't just call D* and pose the question, they'll have absolutely no idea unless you talk to whoever is actually in charge of making these deals.

I'd like more transparency with CI, D* and all the other carriers as a whole. Everything is always such a mystery and we never know anything.

I'm just happy that we get all the HD we get right now. As it stands no other cable\sat provider comes close to D* in providing HD hockey content.

I'm with you guys and hope these games get carried in HD by Rogers too, but I wouldn't bet on it. I know this doesn't help you out when two Canadian teams are playing each other, but it seems the American teams are doing almost all of there games in HD this year, even the ones against/at Canadian teams, so there will be more HD from that stand point...

Ah yes, the ever burning question us hockey addicts on D* in the states are always dying to know. I doubt we see the other networks in HD because of the little to no demand for it at this stage. I'm fairly certain the only reason why we get Leafs in HD through Sportsnet Ontario is because D* got it via BlueJays for EI some time ago.

There's also the new Rogers network, Sportsnet One which is now going to carry EDM, CGY, VAN games that were usually slated for PPV throughout the year. Unknown if we'll be getting that feed either.
2 of them are only on sports net one and wgn 9.

NHL Press Release

NHL Center Ice to be free for first 18 days
Wednesday, 10.06.2010 / 2:33 PM / News
NHL.com

NHL fans will get a free gift to start the season -- NHL Center Ice will be offered free by cable systems across the country for the first 18 days of the season.

From Oct. 7-24, fans will be able to watch up to 40 out-of-market games per week, as well as see the numerous innovations that are part of the 14-channel package.

Among the features are a multi-screen mosaic, featuring all the current action, with score and clock, available on the first channel of the package. There also will be a stats channel, and when possible dual feeds, featuring home and road broadcasts of the same game on separate channels. The package also will offer up to 12 games per week in high definition.

Participating cable companies are: Comcast, Time Warner Cable, Cox Communications, Bright House Networks, Cablevision Systems, Bresnan Communications, Charter Communications, Midcontinent and Verizon FiOS, plus a number of independent affiliates.

Fans who purchase a full season of NHL Center Ice by Oct. 31 will receive the Early Bird price of $171.80.

What about D*? Will they have the multi-screen mosaic channel? I get the feeling the answer is no. That would really suck!

NHL.com

NHL fans will get a free gift to start the season -- NHL Center Ice will be offered free by cable systems across the country for the first 18 days of the season.

From Oct. 7-24, fans will be able to watch up to 40 out-of-market games per week, as well as see the numerous innovations that are part of the 14-channel package.

Among the features are a multi-screen mosaic, featuring all the current action, with score and clock, available on the first channel of the package. There also will be a stats channel, and when possible dual feeds, featuring home and road broadcasts of the same game on separate channels. The package also will offer up to 12 games per week in high definition.

Participating cable companies are: Comcast, Time Warner Cable, Cox Communications, Bright House Networks, Cablevision Systems, Bresnan Communications, Charter Communications, Midcontinent and Verizon FiOS, plus a number of independent affiliates.

Fans who purchase a full season of NHL Center Ice by Oct. 31 will receive the Early Bird price of $171.80.

What about D*? Will they have the multi-screen mosaic channel? I get the feeling the answer is no. That would really suck!

We have it for MLB and NFL packages. I also saw a channel on the guide that said, NHL Extra, I think. But that may have been the near useless channel last year that was just updated scores with text. No mosaic.

That said, NHL CI is the least subbed package on D* but D* always provides the most HD and "extra" content of any other cable or sat provider. So I think maybe??

We have it for MLB and NFL packages. I also saw a channel on the guide that said, NHL Extra, I think. But that may have been the near useless channel last year that was just updated scores with text. No mosaic.

That said, NHL CI is the least subbed package on D* but D* always provides the most HD and "extra" content of any other cable or sat provider. So I think maybe??
The cable multi-screen mosaic is very poor.

NHL.com

YaHoooo .... up to 12 games a week in HD.
What is typical of the NHL about 60-80 games a week ?
They are gonna show up to 12 in HD ?

12 per week is on cable, via indemand.

DirecTV will have more in HD, any American game produced in HD except the few RSNs they don't have, Toronto games on RSN in HD. No word on anything more, based on past and the individuals I asked I doubt there will be any additional Canadian HD this year.

If nobody noticed (and I didn't check till tonight), the NHL CI schedule is on directv.com:

DIRECTV: Sports : NHL CENTER ICE : Schedules

Not good news for feeds from Canadian teams, SD only. Schedule still has holes in it, but they are working on it. Also, I would not expect a NHL mix channel on D* (or NBA for that matter).

That's a bummer!! As many crucial games as there are that get played in the West and were stuck with Blurrovision. At least I still get them. The Leafs stink!

love me some DTV

after getting CI last year for free over the no Versus thing.i called last monday looking for a deal went to retention right off (cancel sevice in first prompt) and was told you have all the discounts you can get. but you have till next week to cancel due to the free preview.
so i call today (retention right off cancel sevice in first prompt) and got $65 off
gotta love me some DTV
good luck

12 per week is on cable, via indemand.

DirecTV will have more in HD, any American game produced in HD except the few RSNs they don't have, Toronto games on RSN in HD. No word on anything more, based on past and the individuals I asked I doubt there will be any additional Canadian HD this year.

Need to switch from the bastard child. Do you know what RSNs they dont carry that feed hockey?

Need to switch from the bastard child. Do you know what RSNs they dont carry that feed hockey?

Only ones we don't get in HD are CSN Philly, (only get it in SD when no other american feed is availble) TSN, CBC (except on saturday nights early game on hnic). Only get Rogers Leafs HD all other Rogers in SD.

Noticeing some HD feeds real sharp (tonights maple leafs/rangers) some not as sharp-Canadiens/Sabres. Thinking about getting Center Ice....Just woindering If I will watch it enough to justify the cost, already have sunday ticket

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)