Center Ice Question?

JohnL

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Sep 23, 2003
Spencerport, NY
Last season was my first with NHL Center Ice. In Canada the Center Ice Package includes several HD games per week, (Just this week upgraded to HD Platnium Package, and LOVING it, TWO Weeks with my NEW HD TELEVISION, and 4 days and counting having my NEW VIP622 and Programing).

Does the NHL Center Ice Package include ANY HD games on Dish Network? I noticed several HD MLB Extra Innings games on the HDSports Channel that appear to be included in the MLB Package.

I also noticed Dish announced they would be carrying several RSN's in HD later this fall. Since Dish will already be broadcasting HD NHL games on the RSN feeds that are used for the NHL Center Ice feeds it only stands to reason that Dish COULD offer some NHL games in HD for Center Ice subscribers, heck Dish, I would even pay a SLIGHT premium to access the HD Center Ice games over the regular Center Ice package price.

Thanks in advance
John

JohnL said:
Last season was my first with NHL Center Ice. In Canada the Center Ice Package includes several HD games per week, (Just this week upgraded to HD Platnium Package, and LOVING it, TWO Weeks with my NEW HD TELEVISION, and 4 days and counting having my NEW VIP622 and Programing).

Does the NHL Center Ice Package include ANY HD games on Dish Network? I noticed several HD MLB Extra Innings games on the HDSports Channel that appear to be included in the MLB Package.

I also noticed Dish announced they would be carrying several RSN's in HD later this fall. Since Dish will already be broadcasting HD NHL games on the RSN feeds that are used for the NHL Center Ice feeds it only stands to reason that Dish COULD offer some NHL games in HD for Center Ice subscribers, heck Dish, I would even pay a SLIGHT premium to access the HD Center Ice games over the regular Center Ice package price.

Thanks in advance
John
Dish uses one HD PPV channel to broadcast some HD games during the year. In the later rounds of the playoffs when OLN had exclusive rights to the game, Dish broadcast the OLN HD version of the games on that channel, even though they don't offer OLN as an HD channel in their lineup.

Whether or not they plan to offer more center ice games in HD as a result of the HD RSN's to begin this fall is anybody's guess. But it would make sense to offer more of the games in HD if they have the bandwidth. Perhaps when they start promoting the 2006-07 center ice package on their website they will let us know.

My son had Center Ice last year and he has a HD converter box, Dish Network,
he got some HD hockey games enve though he does NOT have the HD package.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts