Central Florida QAM Channels

RLovelett

Original poster
Oct 27, 2008
I just bought a new Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-2250 and I hooked it up today. I've spent the better part of a day trying to figure out why all the digital channels are black and have no sound.

All this time I've been thinking I'm having a hardware issue. Then I stumble across this thread. satelliteguys.us/bright-house-cable-forum/60728-bright-house-central-florida-qam-channels.html (Sorry I can't post a link until after I've made 15 posts or more apparently).

In that thread it says that all the BHN channels are encyrpted is this still true? Or am I really having hardware issues? The only reason I ask is because the last update was from 2006. If so is there anyone that I should call and complain to?

Thanks,
Ryan

The "over-the-air" locals Brighthouse Provides (FOX/CBS/NBC/PBS) aren't encypted, but anything "cable" is (ESPN-HD/TBS-HD, etc).

My TV picks them up as 2.1/2.2 (NBC/Weather Plus), 9.1/9.2 (ABC/ABC Traffic/Weather Portal), etc etc with no problem. Just had to do a quick digital scan.

That being said, Brighthouse does not support this at all (from what I understand), so they won't try to help.

The "over-the-air" locals Brighthouse Provides (FOX/CBS/NBC/PBS) aren't encypted, but anything "cable" is (ESPN-HD/TBS-HD, etc).

My TV picks them up as 2.1/2.2 (NBC/Weather Plus), 9.1/9.2 (ABC/ABC Traffic/Weather Portal), etc etc with no problem. Just had to do a quick digital scan.

That being said, Brighthouse does not support this at all (from what I understand), so they won't try to help.

Thanks for the information Saxamoophone. Then that obviously means that I have some sort of hardware issue yet to be resolved.

Just out of curiosity how do you get your clear QAM channels? Is it through your TV that supports QAM, or is it through some sort of in PC tuner card?

Thanks,
Ryan

There are a couple of websites out there that posts daily QAM channels. Notice I said DAILY. They are famous for changing the QAM around on a daily basis.

I don't have those webites, but I'm almost sure a google search will get what your looking for, or someone will post them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)