CenturyLink Prism

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

stejamand

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 21, 2008
Eugene, OR
Does anyone have experience with PrismTV from CenturyLink? I keep getting information about their deals in the mail and some of them are pretty tempting. I have no specific concerns, just am curious about their service.

Does anyone have experience with PrismTV from CenturyLink? I keep getting information about their deals in the mail and some of them are pretty tempting. I have no specific concerns, just am curious about their service.

I just posted this in another forum about Century Link Prism TV.

Do you have Century Link in your area? If so you might want to check out their new Prism TV. I live in the Colorado Springs, CO area and have had it for about 10 days now. The remote is taking a bit of getting use to. I have had dish since 2004 and am quite used to it. The Prism TV allows the recording of 4 HD stations at once. The picture quality is better then Dish using a 722k DVR. I now have HD to both TV's with the Prism, plus the channel package that I have has a much better selection then Dish at about the same monthly price and the installation was free. If the equipment fails they will replace it for free. There is no $7.00 a month protection plan like Dish charges. I get to try it for FREE 30 days. If I don't like it and I can cancel it and I pay nothing. What a concept. Dish doesn't do that. It's your for 2 years rather you like it not. With Prism, they only require a 1 year contract if you keep it beyond the 30 days. If you want to cancel within the first year, you only have to pay $10.00 for the unused months on the contract. The Prism TV uses similar technology as Uverse. My Phone, Internet and TV are all connected to a modem/gateway. The downside is that the Prism does not have the Dish Anywhere feature, but I expect that to change sometime in the future. It also at the moment does not have the capability to hook up and external hard drive like Dish. Also if the modem/gateway fails, you will loose TV, Phone and Internet all at once. My brother lives in Indiana and has Uverse. He said the he has had it about 4 years and has not had any problem with his modem/gateway. I hope the Century Link equipment is as reliable as the Uverse.

Reactions: salyavin

My sister and her husband have this service. I've heard no complaints from them.

It's been four years how do you like it now? Any improvement in the dish anywhere replacement? I am moving to an area with centurylink gigabit and PRISM this summer and TV Japan is leaving Dish but is available on PRISM so I am considering options. How is the remote is it RF like Dish or is it IR?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)