ceo@echostar and ceo@dishnetwork Working?

ERSanders

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 3, 2004
Fairport, NY
Over two weeks ago I sent a nicely worded issue* to the first address (with the .com added) and resent it over a week ago to the second one. To date I have had no response from either.

This is quite the opposite of the several times over the last 12 years I have asked them for help. What is going on? Are they swamped with other problems? Am I the only one not getting a response? Are other people getting responses?

* Regarding four replacement receivers ignoring the remote, then freezing picture & sound, then reboots; sometimes several times per day on one of two 722s. Previously, on the same setup, the system worked flawlessly for over a year. No problem with the second 722.

New TV maybe

Over two weeks ago I sent a nicely worded issue* to the first address (with the .com added) and resent it over a week ago to the second one. To I have had no response from either.

This is quite the opposite of the several times over the last 12 years I have asked them for help. What is going on? Are they swamped with other problems? Am I the only one not getting a response? Are other people getting responses?

* Regarding four replacement receivers ignoring the remote, then freezing picture & sound, then reboots; sometimes several times per day on one of two 722s. Previously, on the same setup, the system worked flawlessly for over a year. No problem with the second 722.

Did you get a new LCD TV maybe? Some of them cause just this problem.

Whatchel1, the TV is a Sony which we have had since day one of the 722s. It worked for a year until the 722 HDD crapped out (on screen HDD failure code)... then the problems started.

KAB, I have called tech. supt. at least a dozen times, four replacement receivers, 1000.4 LNB, 110 LNB, new seperators, removed diplexors, tested grounds, at least two repoints and about eight tech. visits to my home. I think I've been reasonable in asking for help.

Same problem

Whatchel1, the TV is a Sony which we have had since day one of the 722s. It worked for a year until the 722 HDD crapped out (on screen HDD failure code)... then the problems started.

KAB, I have called tech. supt. at least a dozen times, four replacement receivers, 1000.4 LNB, 110 LNB, new seperators, removed diplexors, tested grounds, at least two repoints and about eight tech. visits to my home. I think I've been reasonable in asking for help.
My brother is having the same problem w/ his Sony. It is caused by the TV. He put a diff little TV onto the 722 and turned off the Sonly and everything worked correctly/ There is something I believe that is being output that causes the problems. So he has to use 2 UHF remotes w/ his set to get it to work correctly. Whatever the Sony is doing it causes the problems w/ the IR remotes.

I have heard that about Sonys, but I do not think that it is my issue since it worked fine for over a year before it began this series of events. I'll bet I have had over 80 freeze/reboots since mid January and NONE before that.

I have and also it is an issue with the Sony tv's and it won't always show up right away. When I last installed for dish it was around then back in 05/06 and I was the 5th or 6th tech to show up. Replaced lnbf, switch, ground block, bypassed all coax with a test line, used test reciever, surge suppressor, different circuit in home, even ran an extension to the neighbors house, finally put a different tv on the receiver and that cleared up the problem. As I recall reading somewhere the Sony tv's send out an IR signal having something to do with other equipment and Sony's remotes being able to operate several of their devices, look to see if your tv has a second IR port and cover one at a time to see which receives IR signals then cover the other one and see if this stops. I believe that I read on here in 06 that there was something in the Sony tv menu to disable this feature but its been 4 years or so since reading it.

Van, I got into the Sony setup menu and shut off everything that was not required for it to be a basic monitor. I have my doubts if it will make a difference but I'm willing to trust your knowledge and try just about anything! Tick-tock...

keep us advised

Van, I got into the Sony setup menu and shut off everything that was not required for it to be a basic monitor. I have my doubts if it will make a difference but I'm willing to trust your knowledge and try just about anything! Tick-tock...

If it works I want to know so I can tell my bro. He's go a $ony too and he has called me at times B'n about the remote not working. He is having to use 2 UHF remotes. The other day to transfer timers: which only works in IR (had to trade out his 722k). I literally had to talk him thru things while he turned it off and on to get setup. Since then he found a cheap little TV at a thrift store so we don't have to go thru that anymore. But if killing something in the menu's fixed the problem then it will be good to know. :cool:

I had the very same problem with a Phillips TV. It worked for a while and then every so often the remote stopped working. I switch to UHF and the problem went away. I also think some of the flourescent light bulbs everyone is using now also contributes to the problem when you have a lamp on the in the bedroom. When I switch to RF all my problems went away

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts