CES-2013 PR: Samsung Introduces World’s First Curved OLED TV at CES 2013

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Ilya

XXI Century Explorer
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Lifetime Supporter
Feb 16, 2004
NE OH
Samsung Introduces World’s First Curved OLED TV at CES 2013

Samsung’s Curved OLED TV Delivers Truly Immersive Viewing Experience by Creating Panorama Effect

January 08, 2013 01:17 PM Eastern Standard Time

LAS VEGAS--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Today at the 2013 International Consumer Electronics Show (CES), Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. unveiled Samsung’s Curved OLED TV, breaking the barrier of innovation in home entertainment.

With the beauty of its curved panel, Samsung’s Curved OLED TV provides more life-like viewing experiences adding more multi-dimensional effects to content.

Samsung’s Curved OLED TV creates a panorama effect not possible with flat-panel TVs, offering a more immersive viewing experience. When users watch captivating content such as vast landscapes and scenes from nature on the Curved OLED TV, the display enhances the content, allowing the viewer to be encompassed by the beauty of the images.

Leveraging its expertise in display technology, Samsung has optimized the viewing experience of the Curved OLED TV to deliver a comfortable viewing experience, as the curved panel offers the same picture quality from any angle.

“Samsung is dedicated to developing innovation television solutions, beyond what consumers could ever expect, or could even imagine. We will continue our tradition of developing Samsung TV innovations by steadily introducing new TV technology that helps enhance the lives of users, even beyond the World’s First Curved OLED TV,” said HS Kim, executive vice president of Visual Display Business, Samsung Electronics.

Please visit our CES booth to experience this future technology firsthand. Samsung's product line will be displayed from January 8-11 at booth #12004 in the Central Hall of the Las Vegas Convention Center.

Full details, video content and product images are available at the Samsung microsite at www.samsungces.com or mobile site at m.samsungces.com as well.

Be sure to also check out the Samsung Tomorrow TV CES 2013 Specials, which will be streamed live throughout CES on the Samsung Tomorrow blog at global.samsungtomorrow.com and the Samsung microsite. After the live presentations, videos will be available at http://youtube.com/SamsungTomorrow

About Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.

Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. is a global leader in consumer electronics and the core components that go into them. Through relentless innovation and discovery, we are transforming the worlds of televisions, smartphones, personal computers, printers, cameras, home appliances, medical devices, semiconductors and LED solutions. We employ 227,000 people across 75 countries with annual sales exceeding US$143 billion. Our goal is opening new possibilities for people everywhere. To discover more, please visit www.samsung.com.

Attachments

• Curved_OLED-TV_3.jpg
    Curved_OLED-TV_3.jpg
    178.6 KB · Views: 252
I saw LG's claim to being the first curved OLED and they had a demo set up that used three of the curved panels in a semicircle view. I could not see the advantage to the curve theory. The 3D was excellent whether flat or curve.

But I will say that the flat OLED had quite a reflection issue in a bright room. I could often see myself when the screen was black. The curve screen pretty much eliminated the reflections in the room.

Don't really care who was first with the curved OLED, but both companies had demos rolling today.

I'll post some 3D of these curved screens when I get home.

Agree. I would not get a cinecurve in a set. Only advantage is for large screen sizes to accomodate off-angle viewing. Heck they can't even get OLED out, and already talking curved screens and 4K OLED.

S~

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)