CES 2016 PR: DISH’s HopperGO Takes 100 Hours of DVR Recordings On The Go

This would be great if the battery time was at least 8 hours instead of 4. That or you could keep it plugged into a power source so it doesn't die while you are using it. I need at least 8 hours in order to fill my day at work at night when I am watching my I pad. IF I can keep it powered , I could do away with my hot spot and save myself some money off my cell phone bill.

Since this all self-contained, I'm assuming the Dish Anywhere App does not need Internet connectivity to play back material from the HopperGO. I'm curious to see the WiFi range, 802.11B vs. G vs. N vs. ac flavors, WPA2, etc. of the HopperGO in the real world. Could I let a friend with their Kindle HD or Nexus Tablet play content from my HopperGO, or do I need to let them know my Dish Anywhere account password?
From what I gathered, it requires DA to playback the video. It's basically an external harddrive for mobile transfers. That's how I understand it to be.

So as long as they have the DA App and I give sign in using my credentials, it should work. That will make an interesting addition to our annual Ski trip...

(I can see it now: Dad! Pull up closer to Foxbat! I'm losing the WiFi and Frodo's almost to Mt. Doom!)

Reactions: ChadT41
This would be great if the battery time was at least 8 hours instead of 4. That or you could keep it plugged into a power source so it doesn't die while you are using it. I need at least 8 hours in order to fill my day at work at night when I am watching my I pad. IF I can keep it powered , I could do away with my hot spot and save myself some money off my cell phone bill.
Scott mentioned in a post that four hours is for standalone battery powered usage, but that it can also be plugged in.

Not sure about your question, if its the Wally, it has HDMI so it can output to your TV. If your talking about the HopperGo I do not believe it has a HDMI out only a USB connector to charge it and send content to it.
Sorry. I was looking at the HopperGo pictures in the first post. I realize now that what's labeled INPUT looks like a micro-USB jack. The scale and shape are clearly not HDMI. What's labeled OUTPUT is a USB jack. Is the micro jack for the USB 3.0 signal coming from the Hopper and the USB jack for power? I thought that the only output from the HopperGo was WifFi. I'm confused by the labels vs. the descriptions. Can you clear that up?

Until now I've been using a SanDisk Connect Wireless Flash Drive to play media (not DISH media) on my tablet and phone. This looks similar, but for DISH video, which is great and hopefully much faster than current HWS mobile transfers. If it would also handle non-Dish media (unencrypted mp4, mpg, mp3, jpg, etc.), that would be a killer!

So from reading this forum and checking the Dish site it looks like hopperGo does not play nice with a windows10 operating system. I want to be able to watch recorded programs in a second location via a windows PC onto a large screen TV using a portable storage device like the hopperGo. Is there no such device available that will do that?
I need portable because when I move to the second location the home location will be in vacation mode for 6 months and Dish Anwhere would not work. Just want to retrieve and catch up on what has been recorded but un-watched.

I believe it is only good on phones and tablets. Acts as an external harddrive and wireless access point for transferred recordings, similar to how a phone or tablet currently works.

Reactions: dishrich
I dont see a Dish Anywhere app in the Win10 store. Probably not in the Windows mobile app store either.So the HopperGO only works with Android and iOS devices.
Only thing I dont like is when you connect your phone or tablet to the HopperGO wifi hotspot, that becomes your data connection so you do not get emails and other notifications etc. while watching something on the HopperGO. Phone calls and texts should still come thru.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)