CES Adds DISH’s Hopper with Sling as “Best of Show” - Dumps CNET from giving awards

Everyone Is Wrong in the CNET/CES Conflict

Here is PC Magazine's take on the issue:

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2415019,00.asp
If a writer should be a writier, he should be able to write. That writer says Shapiro retracted. News to me.
They come back to my earlier point. The winner here is Dish..... CNET, CBS, and CES can keep slinging blame for days. Dish couldn't buy this much publicity!!
The PC mag writer should be fired. As he POORLY wrote in the first paragraph, he says Shapiro retracted his decision.

...and the "CBS suit" is hardly unknown or unnamed. Who owns PC Magazine?

PC Magazine is owned by Ziff Davis Publishing which is owned by J2 Global. J2 owns the following:
eFax.comDelaware
SureTalk.com, Inc.DelawareFax4Free.com
ProtoDyne, Inc.CaliforniaProtofax
Documagix, Inc.California
j2 Latin America, Inc.Delaware
dotCOM, Ltd.Hong KongCyberbox
Driverworks.com Development Corporation

Good. I hope to see more articles and columns against this CBS stupid move. If it isn't countered, it will only spread.

The PC mag writer should be fired. As he POORLY wrote in the first paragraph, he says Shapiro retracted his decision.

Ok, I read the article 3 times. All it mentions in the first paragraph is Shapiro's USA Today piece and then it states CNET retracted the decision. Sounds like you want to "kill the messenger". But I guess if one wants to spin this one will find a way.

As for John C. Dvorak, he calls it as he see's it, always has, always will. If you ever saw Cranky Geeks you know he never spins his opinion as such to satisfy anyone.

As for John C. Dvorak, he calls it as he see's it, always has, always will. If you ever saw Cranky Geeks you know he never spins his opinion as such to satisfy anyone.
Well, he certainly got one thing wrong in the article. "CNET is the same as it ever was"...not before CBS bought them.

Well, he certainly got one thing wrong in the article. "CNET is the same as it ever was"...not before CBS bought them.

Dvorak has been wrong in the past, most notable was he predicted the "mouse" would not last. Interesting sort of fact, Dvorak was part of CNET's starting crew. As for CNET, I have used them as well as Revision3,TWIT,Tom's Hardware and a host of others in getting reviews for electronics for myself and others. I have no ill will toward CNET over this, but again now there is doubt. So I will compare their reviews with others, if it sort of falls in line with the others I guess I can utilize their reviews.

All this goes back to companies with their fingers in everything. Just look toward Disney-ABC as an example.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)