Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Sorry for the delay in posting! The internet here is terrible, I could barely get around last night online so I could not post this earlier.

Things were too quiet at the DISH Network booth and while it was on display at the DISH booth there was no mention of what it was at their booth...

But there was gold to be found at the Sling Booth next door where we saw the Sling Receiver 300. This is something that many SatelliteGuys have waited for, for a long long time! The Sling Receiver 300!

What the Sling Receiver 300 does is allows you to watch TV2 output from your 922 (or soon 722 and 722k) on TV2 in FULL HD Resolution!

For this to work your 922 must be connected to your router and can work wirelessly on your network and supports Wirless G and N standards, You can also hardwire it to your Ethernet network, or the receiver can also work via homeplug which is built into the power adapter for the Sling Receiver (and it's also built into the 922.)

Once hooked up you can stream full HD to TV2 in your house. All the data stays within your home network and does not go out on the internet. The Sling engineers even built in buffering into the receiver so if your using the box wirelessly and there is an issue with your wireless in your house the video will continue to play fine.

This is an amazing box. I want one (or maybe even two since it will work with the 722k with Sling Adapter at release)

Expect to see it within the next couple months. And after talking to a number of DISH officials I am expecting it not to carry any additional monthly fees.

The Sling Receiver will come with a mounting kit, so that you can mount the receiver to the back of your TV.

I have some video of the unit in action but am unable to upload it due to the internet issues here in Las Vegas. But I will post it as soon as I can. :D

Thanks to ScooterS for being the Official SatelliteGuys Hand Model for the 2011 Consumer Electronics Show. :D

Attachments

• P1000127.JPG
    P1000127.JPG
    799.9 KB · Views: 1,015
  • P1000137.JPG
    P1000137.JPG
    587.8 KB · Views: 1,141
  • P1000140.JPG
    P1000140.JPG
    472.4 KB · Views: 1,187
  • P1000143.JPG
    P1000143.JPG
    605.8 KB · Views: 1,119
  • P1000129.JPG
    P1000129.JPG
    312.7 KB · Views: 1,037
Last edited:
Well, I did say 'shades'... :)

Right now you can do MRV with the little sling box and a touchpad device quite easily. One big advantage is that you aren't limited to which room by having hardware in each room. Just haul the little iPad around and you are good to go. Heck you can even do it from remote locations. So maybe it isn't 'Shades' but much better...

But isn't MRV just one receiver looking at one other receivers video/audio? Or can you have say, 3 HDDVRs and have them all looking at another at the same time?

Sorry for the delay in posting! The internet here is terrible, I could barely get around last night online so I could not post this earlier.

Things were too quiet at the DISH Network booth and while it was on display at the DISH booth there was no mention of what it was at their booth...

But there was gold to be found at the Sling Booth next door where we saw the Sling Receiver 300. This is something that many SatelliteGuys have waited for, for a long long time! The Sling Receiver 300!

What the Sling Receiver 300 does is allows you to watch TV2 output from your 922 (or soon 722 and 722k) on TV2 in FULL HD Resolution!

For this to work your 922 must be connected to your router and can work wirelessly on your network and supports Wirless G and N standards, You can also hardwire it to your Ethernet network, or the receiver can also work via homeplug which is built into the power adapter for the Sling Receiver (and it's also built into the 922.)

Once hooked up you can stream full HD to TV2 in your house. All the data stays within your home network and does not go out on the internet. The Sling engineers even built in buffering into the receiver so if your using the box wirelessly and there is an issue with your wireless in your house the video will continue to play fine.

This is an amazing box. I want one (or maybe even two since it will work with the 722k with Sling Adapter at release)

Expect to see it within the next couple months. And after talking to a number of DISH officials I am expecting it not to carry any additional monthly fees.

The Sling Receiver will come with a mounting kit, so that you can mount the receiver to the back of your TV.

I have some video of the unit in action but am unable to upload it due to the internet issues here in Las Vegas. But I will post it as soon as I can. :D

Thanks to ScooterS for being the Official SatelliteGuys Hand Model for the 2011 Consumer Electronics Show. :D

I WANT ONE OF THOSE FOR THE 922 AND SCOTT ANY WORD ON HOW MUCH IT WILL COST US?THANK YOU:)

Last edited:
won't work with 622? when 722 came out i thought they said the only differences between the two was the 722 was black and had a larger hard drive, what gives?

Nope. Sling Adapter won't work with the 622 so this won't work with the 622. I think they might had made either a chipset tweak or something with the USB port. I can't remember exactly, it was debated back when the Sling Adapter was announced.

One thing I really dislike about this solution is the delay in the video. Using the remote is really annoying. Don't get me wrong I think Slingbox is great, but not for regular daily use.

One thing I really dislike about this solution is the delay in the video. Using the remote is really annoying.

The way they did it, you don't really notice the delay. All the graphics (guide, ui) are all done on the Sling Receiver itself, so when you press a button on the guide the guide moves instantly.

The only thing you see is when you select a channel it take a moment for it to start playing... but when it starts it plays perfectly.

Nope. Sling Adapter won't work with the 622 so this won't work with the 622. I think they might had made either a chipset tweak or something with the USB port. I can't remember exactly, it was debated back when the Sling Adapter was announced.
They said while testing that there was an unacceptable lag with the 622 chipset & that is why it will not work with the Sling...

They said while testing that there was an unacceptable lag with the 622 chipset & that is why it will not work with the Sling...
Actually it wasn't the lag that was the issue, it was the fact that the stream would stutter and drop out when other processes were running on the box.

Actually it wasn't the lag that was the issue, it was the fact that the stream would stutter and drop out when other processes were running on the box.
You mean the way it does on my 722? :D Sorry... Couldn't resist. I hope these problems with the stream to my Android phone and to my brand-new below-spec HTPC are resolved some day soon, and aren't the fault of my 722 chipset.

Edited to add ON topic question: Does it stream from anything else, as the SlingCatcher did?

Last edited: