Ch 9500 Dish Instant Weather

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ktriebol

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 4, 2005
I have an 811 receiver that I bought from a party in Oregon. I live in Wisconsin. When I tune in channel 9500 "Dish Instant Weather", it gives me the weather for Oregon. How do I change it over to give me local weather in Wisconsin? I tried doing a memory dump, but that did not help.

there is settings in the channel that allow you to change the zip code of your city. you can also add other cities as well. be aware, the info is not very accurate.

Thanks for the info, korsjs. It is fixed now. Actually, you have to use the header on the screen. Go to City Finder, then when you find your city, save it under Favorites.

You are also right about the info being pretty hoakey, but I just wanted it to at least give weather for the right city. I will probably never use it again!

If you go to Channel 100 and go to the weather section there you will have a list of more cities in your state.

Not that it matters, but isn't channel 9500 going to be 'Discontinued' anyway?

So you will have to use channel 100 or 'Dish Home' button (on the silver remotes)to access the weather.

Barry Erick said:
I hate that when channel surfing, when you hit this "wonderful" channel, you have to wait and hit "guide" to get out. Yuk.
Actually you don't have to hit "guide". Just hit cancel or recall to go back to the previous channel you had before going to 9500.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)