Championship Series sidebars

AntAltMike

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 28, 2005
Great theater!

Manny goes 2 for 4 in game 1 and watches a 400 foot shot miss being a home run by a foot.

Jason Bay (he doesn't yet have one-name status, like Tiger, or Michael, or Farrah, or Raquel) inauspiciously makes his playoff debut for the Red Sox by going 1 for 3

John Miller said on the radio that Dice K is the only pitcher in major league history to finish a season fifteen games over .500 while averaging more than 5 walked batters per game. I don't know how much any of you have seen Dice K pitch, but if you didn't know his stats, you'd think he was a guy who was just one big inning from being sent back down to the minors to work on his control problem. Them "Gyroballs" have minds of their own.

Dice throws nearly sixty pitches in the first two innings, but no one knows if that number is above average for him or not. Then he throws nine, seven and six in the next three innings, before any of us even realize he has a no hitter going. If he gets one, we expect it to be like the combined no-hitter that Steve Barber and Stu Miller threw back in the 1960s, that they lost, 2 to 1.

I'm really getting sick of hearing John Miller rrrrroll his rrrr's. I'm certain he didn't do that when he was brrrrriefly a Boston Red Sox announcer. Why would anyone want to imitate Don Crrrrriqui?

Incredibly, according to Bob Ryan in the Boston Globe, Dice K did not give up a single hit after any of the fourteen times the bases were loaded behind him this year!

Manny only goes 1 for 4 in game 2, bringing his series batting average down to .375, but it's a three run homer, extending his all time major league record for post season homers and bringing his two-game series RBI total to four

Bay tonight went three for five with four RBI, becoming the umpteenth player to wind up just a triple short of the cycle, and bringing his series batting average up to .500. Meanwhile "Babe" Pedroia has two home runs and the game ain't even half over

I bet Manny tops Bay tomorrow!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)