Chances for Audits.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Suppafreak

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 9, 2006
I have read several post on this board about the DN Audit department (i.e. The Nazi Police) and frankly my view of the whole company just sank so low, that now I wish I could cancel the account. That is just not right. If I get a call from them, I am just going to cancel. I do not care about the cancellation fees. So here is my question.

I became dish customer a month ago and originally got two receivers and later activated a third one. Originally none of them were connected to the phone line and I specified my cell as a primary phone number. Understand that might create a lot of red flags and I will be a candidate for the Nazi Police. So yesterday I connected all the receivers to the same phone line, called DN and told them the number, but left the cell as my primary number.

Will that reduce the chances of getting harassed by the Nazi Police?

P.S. I was a Direct TV customer for about 4 years and had 4 receivers on the account. None of them were hooked up to a phone line and I never got harassed by them.

I've had 4 receivers for 2+ years with Dish. Two of them are always on phone lines, two aren't ever. I've never been audited. FWIW.

I've been a customer since 1999, with 2 and now 3 receivers, sometimes on phone lines, sometimes not. Never been audited.

LER

I got audited once a few years ago. I guess the fact that I had two of the (then) top of the line 7200 DVRs was a red flag.

I think that it depends on the programming package that you have and if you have four or more receivers on your account. If you activate a receiver that was previously on an audited account then you may get audited several times regardless of the number of receivers on your account (unless its one).

I currently have 4 receivers on my account 2-501s, 1-510 and 1 811. None are hooked up to a phone line. I have been audit 1 time in the last two years.

I subscribe to AEP+locals+HD pack.

Stargazer said:
I think that it depends on the programming package that you have and if you have four or more receivers on your account. If you activate a receiver that was previously on an audited account then you may get audited several times regardless of the number of receivers on your account (unless its one).

I have the 211, 411 and 301. I bought the 301 on e-bay. I also have Platinum package.

I have 9 recievers 2HD/2 tivo/5 SD on my account with a $135 a mounth bill but I dont have to worry about the Nazis as I am on D*. And D* knows 3 of the recievers are not at my address but my 5th wheel 75 min drive away. 6 of my recievers have no phone line ever.

I currently have 2 942's that are not hooked up to a phone line. Never been audited. Have been with Dish for years and have never had any of my receivers on a phone line.

Maybe DirecTv figures that they can get some of the subscribers from Dish Network that got mad/disconnected because of the audit team.

Dish told me when I got adited that it was because I had three or more receivers and a phone line connected to only one of them. Said if I connected a phone line to one more would not get audited.

They told you that if you had a phoneline plugged into two of the three that you would not be audited? Looks like they are actively auditing accounts with three or more receivers now. What kind of package do you have wied?

audit

Never have been audited by the nazi's used to have a 4900 & a 1000. Now have a hd222 & the 1000. Have never had a phone line hooked up and never will have a phone line hooked up.

I've had Dish since 96 and have had 3 receivers(322, 301 and 721(was 510)) for a while and all but 1 is connected to a phone line and I have never had the privilege of dealing with those very nice people :rolleyes: at the Dish audit department yet.

wied said:
Dish told me when I got adited that it was because I had three or more receivers and a phone line connected to only one of them. Said if I connected a phone line to one more would not get audited.

I had 2 connected at all times and was still audited.

I suspect it is -1 from the total on account - not just 2 connected.

I have had a receiver on my phone line for 2 years, while I am registered with them on my cell number. Never had a problem...

However my parents were auditted and had to leave Dish over something stupid. My parents moved to NY, and were selling their house where my sister was staying for a mos or so before it was sold. They kept the receiver at the old location for a mos, not thinking anything about it as she was going to be moving out in a few weeks and then they'd get the old receiver back and use it in another room at their new house. They didn't bother unconnecting it for the phone line at the time (mistake #1.)

After a week or so after my parents moved, my sister started getting phone calls from Dish (at the time she was in college full time AND working until 10 -11pm retail), so had thought the voice mails were telemarketing so blew them off after being gone all day as the messages just said "Call Dish Network Mr. Xyz" (mistake #2.) After 2 or 4 days of this, she came home to find Dish not working, so called them up, and went thru the whole thing about stealing, etc etc. She explained the situation how it was only a few weeks until she moved out, and they didn't think it was a problem as they had just moved. They made her sign up for her own account for 1 mos (which was funny that she did that), and they thought the issue was behind them.

A year later my parents decide to set up the second receiver that's been sitting in a box. Call Dish to activate it, and they refused saying their account had been flagged. My parents have had dish for 6 years, so no longer under contract said what can we do... and was essentially told nothing and that they should go to DirecTV or cable, lol. So needless to say they now have Direct TV and no longer Dish...

-Mike

Last edited:
2 connected, 3 aren't. I got hit with an audit last April when I was in California on a business trip. The guy had a tone like "SURE you are". I told him to check his caller ID and he shut up. Called him when I got back and read off all the receivers and they went away. Haven't heard from them since.....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts