Change in compression?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
even ESPN2-HD last night looked bad using 61.5, are they squeezing more HD per transponder? Good god if they try and get 8 instead of 6 I am going to flip out.

MPEG 4 channels like ESPN2-HD, Big 10 HD look more like the MPEG-2 channels now, golf on Big 10 HD right now is embarrasing to watch you can see the trees flickering and macroblocking madness hell, tennis earlier you could see the girls face pixelating. Dish does really love to compress the hell out of HD, they are the leader! JESUS DO THEY EVEN GIVE A FLYING ***?????????????????

Does anyone know if Dish is planning on updating the software once the mpeg4 transition is complete so that the estimated recording time for HD is correct? The 622 and 722 should be able to store a lot more HD than they currently indicate.

I'd like to see them switch to a percentage indicator or free GB. The estimated times have never seemed accurate to me, plus you still have mpeg2 HD coming in OTA, heck I have a local station that sends 480i at 15Mb.

Its going to stay with the way that will cause the least amount of grief for the majority of customers and underestimate the amount of time remaining. Nor are they going to go for the more oblique 'percentage' or 'GB' remaining view. Many people dont know a GB from a hole in the ground but they can tell time. They can also add an mpeg4 HD estimate along with the existing HD and SD ones (total of three estimates). The problem again however is that most people have no clue what mpeg4 is. To include another HD time remaining estimate will confuse most people.

Doesnt mean that I dont want that info. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts