Change in plans..staying with BUD for FTA

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

gizzer777

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 15, 2005
none
Well, I have now had my Viewsat Extreme long enough to say FTA is FUN.

Been using my 8 ft C/KU Big Dish until the weather cleared enough for me to dedicate a KU FTA Dish. Even bought a Winegard dish, Invacom QPH LNBF, and SG2100.

After living with the polarity and moving the Big dish issues (I use my 4dtv to do that) and living with the hassel. I have decided that the quality and number of stations I receive with the BUD are worth the hassel and I will be Ebaying the LNBF and Motor which are still new. The dish's carton was destroyed (but not the dish TG) by good ole UPS so I will not be able to ship it.

I have found quite a few channels and sats with FTA that I enjoy and get a great Signal Quality with that 25 yr old BUD.....besides, I am getting Lazy in my old age and the roof (I do not do pitched roofs!) is the only place the new dish could go (the BUD is in a huge concrete Foundation and is in the only spot in the yard that sees the whole belt. On top of that, I must be sitting almost perfectly in terms of adjustments, since everything from W3 (AMC3) to W7 have GREAT Quality (further eastern Birds are behind a mountain range!...even the problamatic G1 comes in great (G1R). G15 can only be better (or the same?)

I am going to wait until the next Gen of FTA receivers comes out and hopefully the prices and availability of HD receivers gets better. (too far from my PC and all its slots are used anyway.

BTW: Want REALLY Nice HD...get a 4DTV, and slave an FTA to it!

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts