Change (reduction) in Dish rcvr mirror fee?

video62

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 26, 2003
Snagged this entry from a TivoCommunity forum entry:

I checked out Dish Network. they only charge a $5.00 mirroring fee for the 3rd and 4th receiver. In other words, after your 2nd receiver you get charged $5.00 for every 2 additional receivers you have connected.

I believe this is new policy for Dish Network. Most cable companies allow you to connect up to 4 outlets free (at least in my area). Most people have 2 or more TV's in the house, so DirecTV should either have a flat rate multiple receiver charge, or only charge for more than 2 receivers like DishNetwork does now.
I read them as saying: 1st and 2nd receiver is included in the base charge, for $5/mo. more you can add a 3rd or 4th addtional receiver.

Anyone know if this is true? As far as I know, Dish and DirecTV charge $5/mo. addtional per box for each and every receiver box beyond the base receiver box.

Sounds like maybe someone is confusing things with a receiver like the 522 that counts as "one box" but has two tuners.

video62 said:
Snagged this entry from a TivoCommunity forum entry:

I read them as saying: 1st and 2nd receiver is included in the base charge, for $5/mo. more you can add a 3rd or 4th addtional receiver.

Anyone know if this is true? As far as I know, Dish and DirecTV charge $5/mo. addtional per box for each and every receiver box beyond the base receiver box.

Sounds like maybe someone is confusing things with a receiver like the 522 that counts as "one box" but has two tuners.

The dual-tuner receivers (322 and 522) serve two TVs and are billed as a single receiver. Under DHA, you can have a single dual tuner receiver servicing two TVs for no cost in addition to the programming price (the $5 fee is included in the DHA package price). You can have two dual-tuner receivers servicing a total of four TVs for an extra $5/month on top of the package price. Those fees are assuming each dual-tuner receiver is connected to your home phone line. If they aren't, you will billed an additional $5/month for each dual-tuner receiver NOT connected to the phone line.

Here is an example of billing with two dual-tuner receivers under DHA:

First Dual-Tuner Receiver Tuner 1: $0.00 (Included in Package Price)
First Dual-Tuner Receiver Tuner 2: $4.99/month (Waived if receiver is continuously connected to phone line)
Second Dual-Tuner Receiver Tuner 1: $5.00/month
Second Dual-Tuner Receiver Tuner 2: $4.99/month (Waived if receiver is continuously connected to phone line)

The 522 would also incur a $4.98 DVR fee which would be waived if you subscribe to America's Everything Pack (AEP).

Single receivers (301, 311, 501, 508, 510, etc) are billed for $5/month for each receiver beyond the first.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)