change vcr button on remote to work TV?

bsell1

Original poster
Nov 9, 2009
arlington, tx
I have a 722 DVR. I have a stereo hooked up which I control using the AUX button. I have another component(original XBox) that can only use one of the TV codes. How can I change the VCR button to act as a TV button so I can program in a TV code?

Program it the same as the TV mode button. I just tried it on 21.0 and 6.0 remote and the both worked my TV fine. Granted, this may not work quite the same with obscure TV manufacturers. What brand TV do you have?

I tried that, it did not work. The code is 742 and works fine on the AUX button if I enter it as a TV code(0). It is an original XBox, and it only works for some reason with TV code 742. If I enter 742 under the VCR button, nothing happens. If I enter 0, then 742, again nothing happens. Any hints?

Oh I thought you were programming the TV from your VCR button. Try that, it makes your remote confusing, but at least you know what the buttons do

Also, your xbox is outdated dude :p

Well, maybe the old XBox won't play new games, but it plays just about every emulator out there: MAME, N64, SNES, NES, Genesis, Master System, Game Gear, GBA, SCUMM, Playstation, etc. Plus I can store all my XBox games on the harddrive, so I don't have to use the DVD player on it. It streams all the movies I have on my PC to my big screen, or plays the DVDs themselves. It has all 500 of my CDs on the harddrive. I can download just about any movie or show from the XBox, and so on and so on.

Anyway, back to my initial problem, I control my TV with the TV button, Dish with the Sat button, and the stereo with the Aux button. The only button left is the VCR button, and I need it to work TV code 742. Is there a way to do it?

new remote would probably be best, I was simply proposing making the sacrifice of controlling your TV from VCR mode and your Xbox from TV mode. For it to work you would want disable the reminder that you are not in SAT mode, and it would suck having to switch modes just to do volume and power. I'm being lazy right now, but I may try to look into it further later

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)