changed a regular receiver to dvr

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bigdave65

Original poster
Apr 25, 2009
houston
i took out my receiver and bought a new dvr not hd, i only had one cable so i split the signal and now on both t.v.'s i only get the bottom or top channels on both t.v.s. in the bed room i get bottom channels and in the living room i get the top channels. any idea's

You can not split the signal.

There is no such thing as top or bottom channels. You may need to explain.

on the living room tv i get channels 2 thru 210 and in the bed room i get 211 up 700 or so. i only have one cable coming down from sat. and one hooked up in the wall when home was built.

thanks, not sure how to do that can i use a spliter at the satellite? looks like there are 3 cables that are allready connected up there.

You can not split the signal!

You must run a cable from each receiver to the LNB. If you have an dual LNB (that means two connectors on the LNB) run a cable from each receiver to the LNB.

If you connect two receivers to the same line you risk damaging both receivers and the LNB, depending on what splitter was used.

LNB (Low Noise Block-converter.) It is the electronics on the dish.

If there are 3 cables connected to the dish, where do the cables go to?

ONE COMES DOWN TO FIRST FLOOR AND THE OTHERS STAY UP ON THE ROOF OR GO IN THE ATTIC. WHAT I SEE IS 3 CONNECTIONS WITH A BRACET THAT HOLDS THEM.

If you are unwilling to go on the roof to get to the cables and do all of the work yourself, I suggest that you call D* and schedule a service call.

There should be four outputs on the gizmo that faces the dish (the LNB assembly). You're currently using only three of them.

If you don't feel confident in fabricating your own cables, I'd suggest having DIRECTV do it for free or hiring it done.

To reiterate what efbrune said: YOU CANNOT USE SPLITTERS.

There should be four outputs on the gizmo that faces the dish (the LNB assembly). You're currently using only three of them.

If you don't feel confident in fabricating your own cables, I'd suggest having DIRECTV do it for free or hiring it done.

To reiterate what efbrune said: YOU CANNOT USE SPLITTERS.

DirecTV will not do if for free, since the OP replaced the receiver on his own instead of having a tech come out and do it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)