Changed my Service Address - No local channels

Status
Please reply by conversation.

DrewLB25

Original poster
Apr 17, 2011
delaware
I live in the Philadelphia area and switched to direct tv because I hate comcast. Unbeknownst to me once I switched I didn't get the comcast sports channel which prohibited us from getting any local sports games(ironic yes). I switched my service address to western PA so I could watch all the pittsburgh games and some philly games and it worked like a charm. But now I don't get any local channels, 2,3,4 etc. A black screen with a message comes up saying "searching for signal on satellite 1...(771)" and never gets anywhere. Is there any way to fix this? I already reset the receiver and unplugged all cable wires including the wire into the satellite. Any help woulod be greatly appreciated.

:welcome to Satelliteguys!

You are most likely outside of the footprint for the Pittsburgh local channels. They are on a spot beam that doesn't reach where you are. The sports channels are on a national beam that reaches everywhere in the US.

Looks like you "moved" to another DMA that is outside your spot... you need to see if there is any area that gets your Philly locals, with the other RSN.

--Nat

From the center of the spotbeam you can get a maximum of maybe 150 miles. When I was a mover I had a city 90 miles away and it worked well. If I pushed it much more it wouldn't have worked. Since then I moved back since when you need your receiver replaced because it dies. It's a big hassle to get the recovery kit sent to you. I think I'll do without the others and stay at my real service address for a while.

You might be able to move to the NYC market. The spot beam reaches down to Delaware.

NYC big 4 nets are CONUS so if he's in Delaware, Alaska, Hawaii, Arizona, Florida (you get the drift) he would at least get the BIg4 Nets

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts