Changed rooms for TV2 DVR 625

tksnaylor

Original poster
Dec 20, 2007
Hello,

I moved my television which was acting as TV2 from one bedroom in the house to another, and now it will not receive anything from the satellite receiver. I used the same cable, only connected it to the cable wall outlet in the new bedroom. I tried both cable and air, and a few different channels from the 60 and 73 ranges.

I am using the Dish network DVR 625 setup with dual tuners, and there are 2 diplexers connecting the cables to the receiver and 2 diplexers connecting the satellite outside of my house.
My home has cabling in the walls already.

If anyone could shed some light on why my TV2 no longer works after changing rooms, I would appreciate it.

Press Menu twice on the remote and it will tell you what TV2 is set to. Then check what you your TV set to. For example, if TV2 is set to Cable 73 make sure you have Cable set in your TV.

If that's all set correctly. Check the diplexer connections and make sure that the cable run going to the new room is coming from the diplexer port labeled UHF/VHF/CATV.

Ok, the menu options were all set correctly, so it must be a diplexer connection problem. I tried tracing all of the cables running from the two diplexers outside the house, and I am a little unsure of which cable runs to the room where I want my TV2 connection.

I know that there are 4 extra loose cables coming from underneath the house, so I think one of these is the one which I need. The problem is which UHF/VHF diplexer port to make the connection to (as there are two diplexers on the outside).

I hope this is making sense. After tracing the lines, I believe the two satellite lines each connect to a seperate diplexer at the 'SAT IN' connection. Do you have any idea how I can determine which diplexer to begin testing cables in?

Thank you for your help!

You should only have two diplexers if you have two recievers needing them. Simplest test would be disconnect the feed from the sat to one of the dipliexers and see what receiver drops. Once you figure out which one runs to your 625, unhook the ANT side of that one and connect to the 4 lines one at a time until you get it.

The reason for the 4 total diplexers is that there is only one receiver, it is a dual tuner receiver. I apologize for not having mentioned that.

It still shouldn't need 4 diplexers. A diplexer lets you mix sat signals with regular signals. A 625 might have 1 of those at both ends, but not two. Are you sure you aren't mixing the DPP seperators up with the diplexors? Or maybe you have regular splitters involved somewhere?

I just thought of one case where you might have two diplexers at both ends - if you have two runs to the sat with no dpp seperator, and a back feed and an antenna in. In that case the one you are looking for would be the one not going to your antenna on the outside.

Last edited:
Good catch! there is 1 diplexer inside and 1 DPP seperator. As far as outside goes though, I don't have an antenna. There are what appears to me to be 2 diplexers...one is a holland DPD2 so that one must be a diplexer, perhaps the other is just a splitter? Not too sure on that one. Any ideas?

Good catch! there is 1 diplexer inside and 1 DPP seperator. As far as outside goes though, I don't have an antenna. There are what appears to me to be 2 diplexers...one is a holland DPD2 so that one must be a diplexer, perhaps the other is just a splitter? Not too sure on that one. Any ideas?

Diplexers work in pairs, you need two to make it work.

The DPD2 is a diplexor, so I would start with that one. You could try putting your tv back and disconnect out side until you find the correct one.

Ok, I tried disconnecting the cable from one of the two available diplexers outside (the DPD2 one) out of the 'UHF/VHF' port, and connected each of the loose available cables from the inside wiring into the port. None of them presented a picture on the TV2 inside. I kept both televisions and the receiver on and kept the settings the same at Channel 60 and AIR. Any clue as to what I am doing wrong? Thank you again for your rapid responses.

I would say your best bet now is to put the tv back and get it working at the old spot. Then disconnect UHF/ANT drops outside until you find the one going to the old spot. Then move the tv back to the new spot, and try the runs you have hanging loose. If you get it working at the old spot but not the new, then you have a problem with the run going there. You will need to trace the line and find out where the issue is.