Changing remote address on a 501 DVR without the remote...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

skyfreedom

Original poster
Jan 5, 2005
I recently bought a Dishnetwork 501 DVR receiver from a friend but he did not have the remote.
I use a MX850 remote and I need to change the remote address on the 501 from 1 to 3. Is this possible without the remote?
Thanks everyone

skyfreedom said:
I recently bought a Dishnetwork 501 DVR receiver from a friend but he did not have the remote.
I use a MX850 remote and I need to change the remote address on the 501 from 1 to 3. Is this possible without the remote?
Thanks everyone

Skyfreedom,

I don't believe it can be done without the Dish remote. Most Non Dish brand remotes will only work when the remote address of the receiver is set to one.

If you set the receiver to factory defaults then the remote addess will go back to remote address one.

Without a remote that completely simulates a dish Remote I don't think you can change the remote address without the Dish remote.

The process of changing the remote address is very simple, pull up the system information screen. Set the remote address you wish to use in the Actual Remote control, then press the "RECORD" button on the remote, thats it you are done.

With all that said I don't believe it can be done without the DISH remote and I don't believe any Off brand remotes will support a receiver using anything but Remote address "01".

John

great idea

So if I change the receiver to defaults it should change the remote address to 1, correct?
How do I go about setting the receiver to factory defaults?
Thanks for the everyone

skyfreedom said:
So if I change the receiver to defaults it should change the remote address to 1, correct?
How do I go about setting the receiver to factory defaults?
Thanks for the everyone
The sequence is menu 6-1-6. Connect the receiver to a TV and push the buttons on the front of the receiver.:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)