channel 25 uhf channel bandpass

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

truckracer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 17, 2004
Charleston wv
Does anyone know where I can get a channel 25 uhf bandpass filter?
I need to combine another uhf antenna in an opposite direction to get KET from kentucky to add to my antenna system.

Right now I have a stacked array of UHF Yagi's combined with a splitter ran backward as a combiner and a low noise amp mounted at the antenna mast.

I have another antenna up pointed toward KET and they have 4 channels on uhf 25.

When I tried to just combine the signals it caused my existing locals to drop signal percentage and KET didn't even come in the house.

I was introducing too much multipath and noise I am assuming.

I just entered zip code 25314 into the tvfool signal evaluator with an antenna height of 200 feet and didn't find any such station.

I also entered the call letters KET and WKET into the FCC data base but it found no such television station anywhere. There is a WKET radio station in Kettering, Ohio.

Can you furnish a zip code, as well as more details on the TV station, like maybe their website? But of course, being in the mountains, using just a zip code may not yield a useful prediction of signal strength at your actual location within that zip code.

You might try making a more direct connection, first from the antenna to your TV, and then from your antenna to the preamp and to the TV, to see if you can watch either the digital signal or its analog counterpart. You need to start with an acceptable signal before you can even begin to try to combine it with other signals.

I am at 25702. I found out the call sign channel is "25" BUT the actual channel is something else. I forgot about tvfool.com. I will check it out. I was getting 70% quality on that channel with a DTV converter box on a handheld tv just under the antenna. It was really touchy however , I could rotate the antenna just a couple of degrees and lose it completely.

That would be WKAS DT26 in Ashland.The only KET I still need to log.Should be able to find filter somewhere for 26.I think the closest channel you have to 26 is WSAZ on 23.

yes I figured that out. That channel is actually 26. I thought of one option I have and I have the equipment on hand.

Go ahead and put up another high gain UHF yagi, run a seperate RG-11 quad cable from the antenna to another ground block before it enters through the foundation wall of my house, to another HD ota samsung receiver. The additional receiver will only be programmed for WKAS DT 25.1 - 25.4.

run componet video/audio cables to the unused componet video switcher that I already have in place.

That way I just turn off the pansat 9200 HD and the video switcher will automatically choose the ports the samsung HD is connected to.

I have a long mast and will put the WKAS antenna up at the top higest since it is my weaker station.

That should work for me without the channel band pass filter. I figure honestly the less componets and the shorter the cable probably the better. Eliminate some insertion loss.

Thanks for all the help.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)