Channel 321 may be a great opportunity!

soledade

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Mar 2, 2004
San Diego
I am one of the lucky people where the local NBC station is going to be broadcasting the olympic HD feed 24-7. Regular programming will be on the analog station.

Hearing about 321 I had an idea.

We can all (at least the lucky ones) use channel 321 to compare the picture quality/compression level used over the satellite with the signal broadcast over the air.

My local NBC does not have any subchannels so most if not all their bandwidth should be dedicated to the single HD channel.

What do you guys think of this idea? Do you think the comparison will be valid?

I am thinking of adding a poll asking which is better OTA NBC vs 321.

Carlos

Won't work for me, our local NBC has an SD subchannel so their HD feed is not the greatest, but I will compare them just to see.

I am on the Dish Network List of those who can get the NBC-Hd feed so Im hoping to be able to get it because the closest local that actually broadcasts HD is 70 miles away and signal doesnt work during the day.

007BlackMan said:
I hope 321-593-594 are HD because my OTA NBC feed isn't HD.

321 is the NBC-HD national feed. To get it you must live in a O&O NBC market.

NBC Owned and Operated TV Stations

WNBC: NBC4 New York

KNBC: NBC4 Los Angeles

WMAQ: NBC5 Chicago

WCAU: NBC10 Philadelphia

KNTV: NBC11 San Jose/San Francisco

KXAS: NBC5 Dallas/Fort Worth

WRC: NBC4 Washington

WTVJ: NBC6 Miami

KNSD: NBC7/39 San Diego

WVIT: NBC30 Hartford

WNCN: NBC17 Raleigh

WCMH: NBC4 Columbus

WVTM: NBC13 Birmingham

WJAR: NBC10 Providence

Jerry

Are you sure of this cause I live in Indianapolis and according to the info from the dish network list Indianapolis is one of the cities that can receiver the olympics. Indianapolis does not have an O&O station.

nuthatcher said:
Are you sure of this cause I live in Indianapolis and according to the info from the dish network list Indianapolis is one of the cities that can receiver the olympics. Indianapolis does not have an O&O station.

Here is a more extensive list for Dish:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=432292

It appears that some of the non O&O NBC stations will let you receive the national feed. Too bad Memphis is not in that list...

As far as DirecTV goes, their website lists the O&O markets plus they say other markets are available. But they do not tell you which ones. You have to call them to find out.

http://www.directv.com/see/landing/2004Olympics.html

As far as VOOM goes who knows... they are too secretive to know. For now I will assume they will let you have it if you are in an O&O market.

Jerry

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)