channel changer not working, makes this product completely unreliable

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

sflocco

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 22, 2005
I set the time to change channels and start recording at a certain time. The recorder went on as scheduled but the channel never changed. The writing on top of the screen changed, and the files recorded reflected that change in screen but the content was from the previous channel. This is a feature that made me want to buy this product and it flat out doesn't work. I think some sort of reimbursement is in order for this product since what it's advertised to do doesn't work. I have to be there to physically change the channels and click and click and click and click to do get it to work as it is. I'm sorry i bought this product since I've had nothing but problems relating to channel changing at crucial times from the git go.

Other things that don't work: mute button (sometimes mutes, sometimes doesn't. sometimes pressing it twice mutes but then the checkbox says not muted. and it would be nice if mute muted the monitor (speakers) but still allowed recording.
Also, on the schedule, if i click on a pull down for time, the numbers fly by all crazy. it's hard to say "start recording this at 4:35." Wish they were just textboxes or properly functioning gui elements.
And, yes, the channel change stuff is just nuts. It seemed to be a little better in 1.5, but it's hard to quantify.

I've updated to version 1.5 and am still having problems with channel changes. I had one time where a timer recording said it recorded the right channel put it really recorded the last channel it was tuned to. I've also had a few occurences of clicking on a channel on the channel listing and it would not change. You have to click to another and then it changes. This seems to be a intermitent problem.

I just listened to some stuff I recorded before I started having problems with my timetrax and the same thing happened to me.It should have recorded comedy from rawdog but it was music that got recorded even though the files said they were comedy bits.I'm sure they'll work out all the bugs if we are patient.Of course it's hard to be patient when you're missing Howard!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)