Channel guide screen - no icons

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

SCDave

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 2, 2021
Az
I just received my new Hopper 3, thanks to all that helped especially "Crodrules".

The channel guide looks different all the channel icons are missing, is this a change in the settings I need to make or will it just update itself in a few hours?

Attachments

• dish.png
    dish.png
    30.6 KB · Views: 190
  • dish1.png
    dish1.png
    29.7 KB · Views: 120
Reactions: pattykay
About an hour after my post the icons appeared and most of the thumbnails are there.

Another question when I check the dvr it doesn't show how full it is. Any thoughts?

Probably something to do with VOD loading on drive. Once completed drive status should pop up.

Another question when I check the dvr it doesn't show how full it is. Any thoughts?
It is never perfectly accurate! I usually do my clean up (delete stuff from Prime recording) before I go to bed.The percentage of HD goes down to %70-72. That number goes up to 75-77 next morning even though I barely record after midnight. Eh, I just ignore it.

It is never perfectly accurate! I usually do my clean up (delete stuff from Prime recording) before I go to bed.The percentage of HD goes down to %70-72. That number goes up to 75-77 next morning even though I barely record after midnight. Eh, I just ignore it.
Yeah, I agree. It gives a rough estimate, but in no way is it highly precise. Also, even you delete, and then go to TRASH and permanently delete those recordings--and it takes MORE than a few recordings to make a real difference--it will show only a slight decrease, when, likely, it is more because I've observed the most accurate or dramatic change in amount of storage left usually occurs after the nightly re-boot. In my case, I have it default to "Prepare" all recordings for transfer, so I wonder if those "prepared" recordings counted as as available storage until AFTER the nightly re-boot.

Well, I do like that it gives some indication, and I can't ignore it because using or keeping approximately 80%+ of storage even if it is not a precise estimate, will be asking for HDD problems as, depending upon amount of LIVE TV watching and recordings EVEN with immediate movement to trash, will greatly reduce the wear leveling of the HDD and it can fail sooner rather than later. I know because I've lived that nightmare, and once you get to 90%, you are asking for an HDD failure in not too long a time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)