Channel Info for the Olympics

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

jcrandall

Proud Staff Member
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Apr 3, 2005
Central Michigan
DIRECTV: Olympics 2008 - Overview

Olymipcs channel range 750-756

750 USA Network
751 CNBC
752 MSNBC
753 Oxygen
754 Special Basketball Channel (HD Only)
755 Special Soccer Channel (HD Only)
756 Universal HD

Korean feed: Ch.2085
Chinese feed: Ch.2053

Channels will not show in guide until August 8th, making it difficult to schedule events prior to that.

I am assuming the korean / chinese channels will be on the 95 satellite for international package customers, but am not certain.

What was not listed, which suprises me, is a mix channel showing the six feeds.

------
Here is a schedule of the entire Olympics on all NBC networks.

http://www.nbcumv.com/special/S__Press_DEPTS_NBCMV_Press_Kits_2008_olympics_schedule9.pdf

Caution before printing, it's 66 pages.

Last edited:
5 HD channels to watch the Olympics. I wish D* would do a HD mix channel like they did with the Masters. I would be cool to watch four events at one time.

Any idea as to whether or not these channels will be showing live footage or will this be tape delay midday/primetime stuff?

Any idea as to whether or not these channels will be showing live footage or will this be tape delay midday/primetime stuff?

Live coverage outside of the NBC network would be a welcome surprise for viewers. Here's hoping.

Otherwise NBC will have just a few live events in primetime for the eastern time zone. It looks like right now everybody else in the country will see tape delayed coverage on NBC and its' ancillary networks.

NBColympics.com's website is claiming they'll stream some 2000 hours of coverage live via the web though.

Ok I am know that I am going to sound dum BUT I do not get channel 750.. I get channel 749 MLB,, Then I go to 751.. Etc and they are NBA channels.. Am I doing some thing wrong..

DirecTV dropped the ball with the Olympic Soccer channel. They won't start broadcasting it until Friday, well after the first round of games are over.

And I just received an email from them tonight saying that they've got "Unmatched Coverage". Sorry, but cable and DISH have surpassed D*'s olympic coverage.

The USA/Norway Womens soccer game from yesterday morning was "live" on UHD in HD. There were other games on before that on MSNBC and UHD, though I don't know how many were in HD. And I believe the comment made on air was that UHD and MSNBC would be the "home for USA TEAM sports" not individual competitions, like swimming, gymnastics, etc.

The "Olympic Soccer Channel" is not the only channel for DirecTV coverage; it is a supplemental. I saw games on the other Olympic channel partners.UHD and MSNBC were two. What specific channels did cable and Dish have that DirecTV did not? And were those live or replays? That would be a great piece of info.

The official website of the BEIJING 2008 Olympic Games

2008 Beijing Summer Olympic Games | TV & Online Listings | Viewing Schedule | NBC Olympics

The Olympic Soccer Channel showed all of the mens games from today, either live or tape delayed. That's eight games we're missing out on. They started broadcasting with the womens soccer on the 6th. They're airing every game from the four groups, not just US games. I would have loved to have watched the Italy-Honduras game which was aired live.

DISH and a number of cable companies already have the channel live and have aired the games.

Did dish finally turn it on? I know their subscribers were complaining yesterday that it wasn't available yet because of the games.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)