Channel line up

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Roni

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 8, 2006
I live in Maine and I was wondering what English channels I could receive? Can you pick up network stations? I plan to put this system on the bedroom tv. I just want to be able to watch other stations then locale. Please give examples of what you are watching if you would. Thank you

FTA channel list

Sure, that's a common question.
I assume you are talking about Ku band FTA, using 36" dishes...
There are three sites listing that info.
From easiest to read, to hardest, here they are:

FTAlist gives you a break down by language

Global-CM gives you a bit more technical list

Lyngsat is the grandfather of lists, with the most technical info

Then, you might enjoy reading this thread, concerning favorite satellites the members like most.

What are feeds?

I would like to know what feeds are and how can I recieve them? What can I watch from feeds?

feeds are news & sports things that pop up on occasion. They are not up 24/7. News feeds can be up for 10 minutes or a day or more. Sports feeds are usually up from 1/2 hour before game time until the game ends.

As an example, with the recent even in Virginia there are lots of news feeds (both national and local). During election time we saw somewhere around 600 news feeds at one time :eek:

feeds

The most common might be news feeds from the field.
There have been quite a lot on lately, due to newsworthy incidents.

The other category seems to be sports feeds.
Often backup channels in case the main feed goes down.

Neither are on a regular schedule, channel, nor satellite.
That's a reason some people have receivers with "blind scan" capability.
On the other hand, with all the birds, and all the transponders, and modest scan speeds, it takes a while to find things.
Some people are happy with that.

You can search the forum for other discussions of feeds, but there is limited discussion due to the fact that publicizing such details is the best way to see them dry up.

If you are serious about NASCAR , then I suggest you subscribe to your local cable or one of the national satellite services.
The SPEED channel carries good coverage of NASCAR, and it's there all the time, and reliably.

Motorized system

I have been looking at non-motorized systems and motorized systems. I would like to know if I blind search and find a station I like on one satellite and then find another station on a different satellite will the reciever move the dish when I select that station or will I have to tell it to move or will I have to move it. How does a motorized system work?

I have been looking at non-motorized systems and motorized systems. I would like to know if I blind search and find a station I like on one satellite and then find another station on a different satellite will the reciever move the dish when I select that station or will I have to tell it to move or will I have to move it. How does a motorized system work?

I just hooked up my motorized system with the help of other members here. Have a SG-2100 motor and DSB-4700F receiver. When I change channels from one satellite to another, the motor moves to the correct satelltie automatically. Depending on the location of the satellites, the most I have to wait is about 10 seconds for the channel to appear.

Hope this helps.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts