Channel List

matthewh

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 27, 2004
I have DishHD. I would like a list of all the channels with a short discription of the content they carry. Reason being is to help setup my favorites list.

Anything like that available?

Matthew

Maybe not, but I believe most of the receivers are the same as my 622. When you press the guide button the first time, it goes to the guide you were looking at the last time, but then each additional time you press it, it toggles through a couple of other options as well as your favorite lists.

Example for HD Receivers:
(1) All Chan (Channels)
(2) All Sub (Subscription, PPV, MLB, Free Channels)
(3) All HD (High Definition Channels)
(4) 1st Favorite List if created, but will not include free channels unless previously added while not subscribed.

Assuming you want to create a list that has HD and some other channels, you could toggle through until you get to the All HD list and then write them down. Otherwise, it may be easier to just use the "All HD" then if there is a free HD, it should show up on your All HD list, where if you create your own list, you don't see the free previews.

On my VIP 622 it has re-set itself several times to just all HD from All Channels. Hard on Wife to use when that happens. Lots of "Guy" options on this DVR that many will never find or use, but still pretty cool.

With a favorite list created for my wife, and then one for my 2 kids, it also got a little confusing here at first.

However, in ref to "it has re-set itself several times", that's not the case. The guide changes because someone hit the "Guide" button while in guide.

They probably did the same thing I find myself doing sometimes, i.e., I'll hit the guide button to get out of guide, and then hit the cancel button to get out of guide, but I'm already on the next guide when I exit. A bad habit from using other buttons, like "INFO", which if you keep hitting will eventually exit from info.

I finally got my wife and kids (and me) to look at the top when they press the guide button to make sure they have what they want, and if not, to keep hitting the guide button until it has the right menu.

Edit: Later on after this post, I remembered another mistake I also make on the guide list when it happened again. Without ever looking at the remote, I'll hit the guide button to go into guide, then when I want to page down, I'll accidently hit the guide button instead of the page-down button and go to a different guide.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts