Channel Mapping Question

Rafaelccs

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 17, 2008
Fort Lauderdale
I have a friend that just retired and used to live in NY and set up an account for his RV with a single receiver, as he only has a single TV, the question he asks me is difficult to answer:

When he sets up his Dish 300 (Single dish, single dish pro LNBF, no switch, etc.) he normally aims to 119W
were he gets out of Transponder 20: NY locals (WABC, WNBC, WCBS, etc.) he reached some location where he was only able to lock on 72.7 W due to some high trees in the way between orbital slot 119W and his RV; I told him they carry same NY feed out of Transponder 32 there (72.7 W) but he wasn't able to receive them even worse; channel mapping didn't even show them? only regular CONUS feed

The info I found on the WWW. was this:

72.7° TP 32

6146 WABC NEW YORK, NY (ABC)
hd4.gif
m.gif
H Linked to 6300 on 61.5° 22 s 2 DRM
6147 WCBS NEW YORK, NY (CBS)
hd4.gif
m.gif
H Linked to 6301 on 61.5° 22 s 2
6148 WNBC NEW YORK, NY (NBC)
hd4.gif
m.gif
H Linked to 6302 on 61.5° 22 s 2
6149 WNYW NEW YORK, NY (FOX)
hd4.gif
m.gif
H Linked to 6303 on 61.5° 22 s 2

any thoughts?

Thanks in advance

Many questions. Does he have an HD receiver and an HD account? The NY locals are CONUS in SD on 119. Next, is he in the spotbeam for NY because he will need to be to get the HD channels. Third, there are no locals available on 72. The NY ones showing are not available. 61.5 has them but only in HD bringing us back to the first question.

Thanks for posting Tampa8.

Yes he has a (MPEG 4 capable) HD Receiver because he gets all the programming out of 72.7W, now as I posted he is aimed only to 72.7 W with a Dish 300 that is able only to target a single orbital slot, if he aims to 61.5 W where Locals are in spot beam 22, he won't get 72.7 W; probably I wasn't to clear when I posted that I found some information here in satellite guys.us:

http://www.satelliteguys.us/thelist/index.php?page=sub

check orbital 72.7 scroll down until channels 6146, 6147, 6148, 6149

There you can see Locals are mapped in CONUS beams just like 119W but in HD.....
So if I understood your post well you say they're mapped in CONUS @ 72.7 W but not available?
If so, do you know why would they use that kind of space in that transponder if they were not available?

Thanks in advance.....

Last edited:
If you read the entire lines for those channels you will see they are marked as "Not Available". They have been there for some time, but I have not heard who can receive them, they are not the HD channels for anyone in the NYC dma.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts