channel Master 1.2m motorizing?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

zazu

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 8, 2006
nj
i just aquired a channel master 1.2m offset fibreglass coated dish, it does not have the back mount bracket, and before i go and track down one of the 3 they made(polar,pole,Az/El) i was curious if anyone here has one of these dishes, and if so what motorized setup, if they used the old style 36v HH motor(with or without an actuator)using the DMSI VBox diseq to 36v signal converter or a StabDiseq style motor, and either way,, was a home made backplate & mount used, or a ready avail one and was it modified or not??
thanks for any info

Smack a Jaeger SMR1224 H-H mount on it with the Jaeger Adaptor plate.

Its designed for the dish.

ok, due to budget at moment,,i am opting to with a motor i found on ebau that a guy who is now in canada( i am in NJ) was selling, he brought the motor with him from france or germany when he moved to canada this month and only use the motor for a month over seas( where he lives now he can not have a sat dish{he brought it with him thinking he was going to use it)i only found information on this item, and for sale in France and Germany not even england but it looks very interesting, and besides i also have a 1.1m fibreglass dish { the kind you find on top of all the gas stations across the U.S.) so if i dont like it for the CM1.2m and when budget allows, i can always through this europena MAESTROJACK on the 1.2m,, but this motor looks more equipped than a simple stab style diseqc,
http://www.transplanet.fr/boutique/satellite.asp?num=319
another site
http://www.worldsatbox.com/p_motor_ant.php?action=sel&id=4&mark=6

i do know there is a downside with limit of 50 sat position, but i dont need all 60somehting,.,also another downside is the travel limit, something like only 50 degrees center to each side,. 100 total travel,, and i understand that most diseqc motors travel 70 to side and 140 total, but again, those can not keep all sat position, and again, who needs all, i am sure i will have enough ,,and AGAIN, i will eventually have that 1.1m up and motorized, that dish will make up the rest of dishes on arc for me...i just need to get the motor in my hand to figure how to mount /attach to dish....i am going to install this 1.2m on commercial industrial gas lamp poll, i have a bit of property, and the previous owner had a few installed to light up the field, this way i can have the dish up high to clear trees, but still accessible using a contractors latter!!!!!( no climbing on roof) i will defiinately upload pics when done

i was misled by the pictures{ it looked like the motor mounted on the pole/wall in 2 places,,looked very promising and secure},, what i thought was a botom mounted motor is actually just an illusion in the pic, its the butt of the actuator!,( and the guy selling it did not offer much info) i finally got my Adobe working so i was able to give the PDF file manual a look,
this is just a actuator on a sophisticated mount,, hmm, now i am not sure if this is what i want??hey, but i going to be getting the whole thing for 40$??
any input???

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)