channel master 1.8 m center arm length?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

i4tas

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 10, 2005
Northern USA
I just picked up a 1.8 m channel master offset dish. I am missing the center lnb holder arm. I do have the black lnb holder and then two side arms.

From looking at pictures it appears to be straight, is that correct?
It also appears to be the same diameter pipe as the side arms, is that correct?
Lastly, assuming it is straight, can anyone tell me the measured length of the arm?

If anyone has also build one or found a good matching part at lowes or home depot let me know.

thanks

What you need is the measurement from the top lip of the dish to the top of the feed holder. Hopefully, someone here has got one in service.
Think the arm does bend near the dish. Then it should be a simple matter to fashion one out of conduit. (I may have a set of 1.8m arms in storage[?] Dish got stolen years ago. :mad: Memory says all the arms are the same size)

Here's what I have. If your sidearms are identical, and the rest "looks like a match", this should be it.
The pic with the tape is the bottom arm length.

Attachments

• All3.jpg
    All3.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 1,117
  • Arm_angle.jpg
    Arm_angle.jpg
    134.8 KB · Views: 1,029
  • bottom_arm_length.jpg
    bottom_arm_length.jpg
    135 KB · Views: 1,151
  • sidearm_flat.jpg
    sidearm_flat.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 1,467
Here's what I have. If your sidearms are identical, and the rest "looks like a match", this should be it.

Wait......

That tool in the second picture..

attachment.php

Am I right to understand that that thing gives a read out of the angle of something on the digital screen?

If so, how much are these dandies and where would one find one??

Thanks! :)

Wait......

That tool in the second picture..

attachment.php

Am I right to understand that that thing gives a read out of the angle of something on the digital screen?

If so, how much are these dandies and where would one find one??

Thanks! :)
IMG_2780.jpg

This device was bought in Toronto, Canada, from Lee Valley Store, and I paid about $ 45, if my memory serves me right. Other similar levels could cost about $ 20 to 25 in US, I believe.

>>that thing gives a read out of the angle of something on the digital screen?<< That's all it does.
It's not a level, just measures the angle between the main body and the arm. 0 to like 290° or so.
Think I paid about 25 bucks for it a Menards.
My digital level was a bit over 50 at Sears. But that CUBE level looks quite a bit more versatile. Would fit into tighter quarters, to say.

>>that thing gives a read out of the angle of something on the digital screen?<< That's all it does.
It's not a level, just measures the angle between the main body and the arm. 0 to like 290° or so.
Think I paid about 25 bucks for it a Menards.
My digital level was a bit over 50 at Sears. But that CUBE level looks quite a bit more versatile. Would fit into tighter quarters, to say.

Ok, that's what I was thinking it did. I have a tilt meter, it's a dial with a needle and a magnet, nothing electronic about it, purely mechanical. But all it does is tell you how much something is tilted.

I saw the gadget and assumed it was for telling you the angle that something is bent at.

With that, one could replicate missing dish arms, just like the original poster was looking to do.

I have a 6' Prodelin/Andrew/CM "0179-189" dish with mangled arms that I'll need to make new ones for. This gadget would be a huge help. It may be the same or very similar dish as you guys are talking about.
I sure hope so because if it is, this is the jackpot for me!

:D

I have a Prodelin 6 foot offset dish in which I replaced the center arm with a piece of oak fence board. The trick of course is to make sure not to change the focal point.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/free-air-fta-discussion/248796-given-two-dishes-today-2.html#post2508330

BTW, I still have the center arm but I think it would only work on an identical Prodelin.

I just picked up a 1.8 m channel master offset dish. I am missing the center lnb holder arm. I do have the black lnb holder and then two side arms.

From looking at pictures it appears to be straight, is that correct?
It also appears to be the same diameter pipe as the side arms, is that correct?
Lastly, assuming it is straight, can anyone tell me the measured length of the arm?

If anyone has also build one or found a good matching part at lowes or home depot let me know.

thanks

Thanks for the specs. My center arm mounts to the dish on the bottom lip with some sort of plate since I have two drill holes about 1/2" from the center. Does anyone know the measurement from the bottom lip to the black lnb holder (circular part where the center arm connects)?

I may end up using signals and expected elevation settings to find the focal point. I did try building a center arm based off of the side arm holders and the weathered markings that showed me the angle they use to sit at. I was getting good but not great signals.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Latest posts